Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first ever solo hack

Default My first ever solo hack

Been wanting to hack out on my own for a long time but just felt to nervous about it and even nervous about hacking with others lately
    So thought I'll start with haveing my girlfriend on foot and do little short hacks intill I feel safe to tackle a short one in my own the take it from there.little did I now what wud happen :-)
    So yesterday morning thought lets do my first step.
    Had my partner on the ground and was only ment to be a half hour walk but my partner said just trot her up the road a little bit.
    So I did and when I thought about it I was on my own :-)
    Looked back and just said I'll see you back at the yard I'm only going round the corner and I'll be back.
    Well we walked up the road and round the corner but when I got there I thought why not keep going silver is being an angel and I felt good.so I did we just plodded along the road and I knew there was a bridle path 5mins away and I thought I'll just get the start of that and turn round.
    Got to the bridle path and didn't stop just carried on going.
    Had a trot and a little canter along and thought well id best turn round soon as it's along way home if I dont.
    Well got to the end of the bridle path and just carried on round the road wich loops back on its self to the road which goes back to my yard.
    On the way we had a horse in a feild come galloping up,silver starting getting abit un easy about this.
    But I just sat up half halted her and started speaking to her and she chilled :-) I was over the moon with my self and silver.anyways kept going and there is some house on this road wich is settled travels started going past and about 6 little dogs came running out at us.
    I had feet out of the stirrups ready to jump off but again I sat up and tryed to relax made silver stand still and shouted excuse me but my horse hates dogs and they are running towards us.soon the owner came out and collected the dogs up so we cud carry on and again I had such a big smile on my face for keeping calm.
    Kept going along the road thinking I'll end up back on the road to the yard in a min.I started to get worried if I went the wrong way as it was takeing ages but we got back on the road to the yard.
    Did loads more trotting along the road went past a tractor silver realy was a angel for me bless her.
    Then 5mins from the yard I seen my girlfriends car driving towards us thinking huh what's going on.
    She only came looking for us as we were gone for a hour and half :-0
    She got worried that sumthing had happened to us.
    I said we just kept on going and going lol so all together we were out for two hours includeing the part were my girlfriend walked with me.
    Im so so proud of my self and silver as I over think things to much and that's why I never wanted to hack on my own before but this one wasnt planned and we did alot more than I ever thought we wud of.
    Sorry no pics as like I say it wasn't planned so didn't take my phone with me for pics but it was so so nice just out plodding around with my silver.
    When I think about it I was more nervous with my girlfriend on the ground than I was out on my own I think that's because I only had my self to relie on rather than some else sorta thing.
    Here's to my new happy hacking times wahooo I did it :-)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Wow well done, it is such a brilliant feeling when you get back and you think "Yes we did it". No stopping you both now just take each day at a time.. One day you might just go round the block and the next along one again... keep us posted and even pics next time. :-)

Default Re: My first ever solo hack

Quote Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
    Wow well done, it is such a brilliant feeling when you get back and you think "Yes we did it". No stopping you both now just take each day at a time.. One day you might just go round the block and the next along one again... keep us posted and even pics next time. :-)
    Thanks :-) and yeah my next hack is just gona be a short one and then see what happens.
    My next confidence kick is trying to pop over a little jump lol

O also I will get some pics this weekend of me and silver
    Well here's one pic but it was after we washed her and did some main work and got her nice and dry lol

O and a couple more lol bad pics as used my phone

Well done to you and Silver! You are really doing so well.

After 2 yrs of riding the lovely Henrybear we only managed our first "non-eventful and non-life threatening" hack out on our own last week! Henry is also an ex-racer (raced for nearly 10yrs, so a lot of brain unwinding to do, plus some serious trust issues!) Weirdly he seems more relaxed in a built up environment - like a busy housing estate than on a quiet country lane!

It's a brilliant feeling when you get to ride out alone, isn't it? Here's to many more 'firsts'.
    Last edited by Lolasmummy; 23-08-2012 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolasmummy View Post
    Well done to you and Silver! You are really doing so well.

After 2 yrs of riding the lovely Henrybear we only managed our first "non-eventful and non-life threatening" hack out on our own last week! Henry is also an ex-racer (raced for nearly 10yrs, so a lot of brain unwinding to do, plus some serious trust issues!) Weirdly he seems more relaxed in a built up environment - like a busy housing estate than on a quiet country lane!

It's a brilliant feeling when you get to ride out alone, isn't it? Here's to many more 'firsts'.
    thank you and o yeah thats abit different from silver she only had two races lol
    she has gave me alot more want to do things like the hacking out alone.
    our next big mile stone will doing our first jump which i might consider this weekend if the weather stays nice.from what i know she hasnt jumped with a rider on her back so will be a big mile stone for us both.
    theres a local show at end of september and they are doing small cross poles for new comers so im thinking of working towards that as its only abit of fun but will be a big deal for me and silver.
    but yeah it was such a good feeling knowing i was out alone with just silver and we looked after each other.

Thank you for sharing!
    I went on my first solo hack 2 month ago, it was such a great experience.
    I put so much work, love and patient in my horse, trusting me and going on a hack on our own was just the best gift i could get from him.

I wish you all the best with Silver!

PatHow

Well done you!! Great news and glad you enjoyed it!!

Just wondering from your other post about Crystal whether you know if she will be going back out on loan again? She looks a nice sort and a friend of mine is looking. Perhaps you could PM me some details if you know?

Well done, hacking is fab alone and in company, having the option to do both is great!