Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumping Camp 2012 with pics!

Default Jumping Camp 2012 with pics!

I couldn’t go to the BHS camp this year as it was Mavericks 50th birthday so had to find an alternative couldn’t miss my fix

One of my local riding clubs was running a weekend camp at Poplar Park so with another couple of friends in tow off we trotted.

I was filled with apprehension, anything new I do with Jack even if Iv done it with Grace I start to stress even down to travelling with him for 2 hours, its stupid but we had loads of first this weekend so hopefully all the nerves should be put to bed now.

All the pictures were taken at the beginning of each lesson as the people taking them have to go off and get ready for their lessons, but least it give an idea of how we are looking.

Day 1
    Was arriving settling horses and ourselves in and then off for a hack, early evening to stretch our the horses legs.
    Jack found the hack to be very exciting, not sure if he remembered where he was from his eventing days or just on his toes from being either boxed or stabled all day, but no form of legs was needed during our hack which for Mr laid back of the year is not normal lol.

Day 2
    Was grid work, we do alot of this at home so was a breeze and any form of excitement out of Jack had died as he realised he was there to work.
    Jack also got the title of Mr Health and Safety for the camp!!
    I think this is because he is so laid back, but likes to check out all the hidden dangers just to make sure we are safe lmao.

Day 3
    Was cross country training, I was very anxious as we have not really done any training and even though I have been xc with others and have done loads with Grace, I have never had to go off on my own and jump with Jack.
    We started off at one of the water complexes and work our way around the course, I was grinning like a Cheshire cat at the end of it, we had jumped in and and out of water, rolls tops, multiple steps and a little course in which we left our comfort zone of horses and trainer and went off to do our course and come back, he was a doll, he did try and tell me a couple of times that he knew a quicker way home but I was insistent that we could take the longer route.

Day 4
    Was show jumping, Mrs anxious reared her head again as we have never jumped on grass!
    No need to be anxious we went round the 2ft6 -2ft 9 course and I never even thought about the grass was concentrating on the jumping!!
    Jack was a saint again, got one jump wrong and we smashed it down and then got deep in one and stopped which wasn’t good, but the instructor says Jack looks after me and if he had jumped it I would of been off balance so it was safer to stop. I ended up round his neck with everyone shouting don’t fall off or your air jacket will go off and it will cost you lol. Not sure how I stayed on but Jack seemed to walk off but keep his neck still to balance me.

The instructor gave me 10/10 for how I react when anything goes wrong, he said he liked the way I just sit up, forget the bad jump and move onto the next.
    The worse part of my jumping is I don’t always give Jack enough impulsion to go forwards especially through a treble, I am aware of this and my brain knows it, as when I went through the treble I said “Jack we need more impulsion or we are not going to make it” the watches could hear me say it, but they said my legs done nothing Luckily enough Jack got us through it.
    I must work on this!!

Some of you may know that I call Jack “Saint Jack” he really is a little saint we have really started to become a partnership, I tell him what we are jumping, where we are going and what speed and he makes sure the numpty one on top stays on board.

Even though he was stabled for 4 days and was jumping on grass and schooling whilst others jump, he was still the same ole laid back Saint Jack that I love.

Here is a smashing picture of Dani-girl who came along with us, she and her horse Fly were perfect company and Im sure Dani-girl will give her own detailed report of what she thought of camp.

This was a great update - especially as I am off to camp at Poplar Park this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Harveyandpiccolo View Post
    This was a great update - especially as I am off to camp at Poplar Park this weekend!
    who you going with? Its a lovely place will certainly go back there one day

It looks absolutely fanastic. Lovely pics. I definitely want to go on a camp next year (beach this year though )

WhAr a lovely thread. Lots of love for saint jack!

That looks like great fun! Jack sounds like a lovely horse

Glad to see you and Jack getting on so well, and that you had a great time at camp

Default Jumping Camp 2012 with pics!

I want my own jack! He always sounds so much fun. I'm so glad you and him are having such a good time

Lovely pics

Great report.
    Sounds like you all had a lot of fun, and learned a lot too. Jack sounds like a darling..safe, sensible horses like him are worth their weight in gold.