Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I think she enjoyed that...another milestone has been reached!!

Default Well I think she enjoyed that...another milestone has been reached!!

Monkey goes xc!! Ok so Monkey is now 5 but to be fair to her she was a bit behind for her age so I hve taken things very steady with her. I first introduced her to jumps in March this year, I don't jump often so to say he has come a long way is an understatement! Not only did she load on her own today there and back (shes only actually ever travelled once before in the box but I have done lots of ground work with her to prepare her for the box since she was younger) so today was the day! Never jumped xc only my 'homemade' jumps at home. How do you reckon she got on? Check those ears out

She was unsure to start off with but then she was flying....such a plesant ride....

***warning lots of proud pictures***

Ahh this is easy!

Ooops maybe that roll tops a bit scary eeek

Jumping a double

Look I can even go through water (after a bit of pursuasion!)

Now, I don't like this jump, imagine a wall thats covered in earth/grass but that has random horizontal wooden poles across it...exactly this = confusing. I maybe shouldn't have taken her at it but I did. Annie has banked this jump before as its confusing to them and Monkey did the same, dear of her! Here she is giving it a go the second time around and not banking it... (its quite unsteady - you can't really see the jist of it from the pic though) Its put me off the course for a bit, esp competing there as the jump is quite dodgy to say the least!

A lot of people say this course isn't so good for youngsters, but I took M to the nuts there as it is local. Like the step downs and ups are quite big. I did take her down them but she wasn't too happy and of course I want to make it an enjoyable experience. Next time I will take her to the other course thats nearby but a bit further away, it is A-MAZING! Like the steps up and down are in different sizes, small then a bit bigger. I can't wait to take her there yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!

Ahem, anyway back to today and the bestest picture (IMO) of the day, drum roll please...

What do you reckon of her generally and her jump/jumping skills are like?

I am so proud of her, shes gone from an agressive 1 yr old that no one could get near or touch with out being kicked majorly or bitten to a brave, beautiful 5 yr old. Yes I am very pleased with her and thought you all might like to see the pictures of her first time out...or not haha (I've never brought a youngster up before!) Anyway, until next time xc I'm BEAMING!!

Wow - I remember you before you'd backed her! The only ridden pics ive seen are these, she looks great glad she's coming along well!

She looks absolutely brilliant in herself, she has come on so well and is starting to mature nicely.

As for the jumping - just wow - what a little tryer! From the pics she seems to be loving it and taking everything in her stride. You can't really ask for any more than that

She's very nice and obviously keen.
    Can't remember if you know her breeding?

I love her! Well done for bringing her on so nicely, she looks like she's loving jumping!

What fun she is having, fab, well done you both

Both looking great, well done you!

She looks keen and brave, and that is the best start you could possibly want!
    She's a wee cracker

She's looking fantastic, what a little star.

I thought that was the best picture too on fb, gorgeous photos, you look good on her, brave little monkey!