Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Story

At the moment im lacking the ability to get on... ach well... got a leg up and sprawled over pony's back.... eventually got there!!! Not a pretty sight!!
    Bark 'n' Stride Dog Walking - see http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bark-n...51243278258021 for more info and contact details

I will struggle to get my ...ahem ... leg over on Saturday - I get to ride LauraandHarvey's Harvey!

No doubt Laura will take pictures when she has to push me back off him!

you ladies are absolutly amazing..truly!...ive had arthritus from middle twenties, got really bad hands, ankles are a bit iffy in the mornings to....but back is prob the worse, my old mare flung me on a concrete yard , ****** stable cat shot under her feet just as i was hitting the saddle..shed rodeod me right over head and i landed on my back...nobody there but me, was winded for a few mins and seriously thought my back was broken but i got up and remounted cryin in pain at same time , rode her for ten mins..got off untacked fed and turned her out..then went down in a heap..y.o got me and phoned hubbs...hospital, xrays blah blah...took weeks as couldnt get proper look for swelling...anyway cut a long waffle short ive got a crumbling disk..this was 8 years ago..its crumbling away still, meant to be on heavy painkillers but hate the sicky feeling they give me..so i try do without..53 now, still riding, still a nutter..taking each wet , cold , hairy horsey day as it comes...my goodness girls after reading your stories what the hell have i to complain about! your all stars in my eyes

Sez - my 10yr old daughter suffers similarly to you except she has hypermobile joints and juvenille chronic arthiritis.

Hers started when she was 3yrs old and to this day I feel bad for making her walk thinking she was tantruming when really she was in a lot of pain.

It took us years to get diagnosed though and she doesn't get any help in terms of physio or splints anymore. Pretty much they say have painkillers and get on with it.

Sometimes when she comes out fo school she's in agony, especially in the cold.

Unfortunately the school doesn't seem to take it seriously either.

Because she also has learning difficulties and has poor perception of pain due to global development delay it can also be difficult eg; sports day the teachers told her she had the 800m long distance race (yes, really) she ran it, and was quite fast but didn't feel any pain until after she dtopped running where she fell over on the finish line, curled into a ball and couldn't stop crying, and had a job to walk home that day.

Unfortunately my daughter only really rides in the spring/summer as shefinds it very painful especially in the winter. She rode last weekend in walk and hurt a lot after so no more now til it's warmer.

I remember you writing about your daughter on NR
    I think I've been quite fortunate as although my symptoms really began to manifest when I was about eight to nine, and I also went through the phase of being disbelieved when I was in pain, it has really only been the last ten years that I've really gone downhill with it, and at least I can now articulate what the problems are (when I was small the best I could do was "it hurts" ) and I'm convinced that being as active as possible when I was younger has definitely set me up for maintaining my mobility.
    Big to your little girl and to you, as I know my mum found it really difficult trying to support me and to get me the help I needed.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Wow, you're brave, but then again, I would be the same - horses are my life and if I couldn't ride, I'd shoot myself!!

I had a great childhood, had ponies and didn't want for anything - as an adult things got tougher, I was in a violent relationship for 4 yrs, he stabbed me, I nearly lost my life through blood loss, but luckily, I'm here to tell the tale - Thank god!

Quote Originally Posted by lacetti View Post
    Wow, you're brave, but then again, I would be the same - horses are my life and if I couldn't ride, I'd shoot myself!!

I had a great childhood, had ponies and didn't want for anything - as an adult things got tougher, I was in a violent relationship for 4 yrs, he stabbed me, I nearly lost my life through blood loss, but luckily, I'm here to tell the tale - Thank god!

gril power
    Official PRESIDENT of the TO 'Blue Peter Badge Owners' Clique

Quote Originally Posted by KadyA View Post
    I will struggle to get my ...ahem ... leg over on Saturday - I get to ride LauraandHarvey's Harvey!

No doubt Laura will take pictures when she has to push me back off him!
    camera is ready!
    you will have to hold it tbh cos i'll be alot taller and on a less safe horse

We might call @ NR's house if shes in
    she can take pics then
    xx
    Official PRESIDENT of the TO 'Blue Peter Badge Owners' Clique

Oh jeez, better comb my hair and not wear scuzzy jods - can I photoshop them too? Only kidding.

I tell you something, there are some pretty remarkable and very inspirational people on TO and I totally echo the GIRL POWER!

Hey guys.... if getting off is worse than getting on... chuck your left leg over the neck and slide down the shouler.. helluvalot easier, and strangly the horses dont seem to mind

scarymare... O.M.G!! I cant believe you got up and back on after landing with a thud on concrete.... you must have been in sheer agony!!
    Bark 'n' Stride Dog Walking - see http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bark-n...51243278258021 for more info and contact details