Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloodhounding Training Meet today

glad you all enjoyed yourselves!

Looks like so much fun, i'd love to try it one day now my confidence is returning! You all look very smart too

Great pics and vids

You are riding Hattie in a slotted Kimblewick ? How do you find it ? Just bought one for TT (haven't tried it yet - it's on it's way over from the UK with a friend tomorrow) as I didn't want to go straight to a Pelham.

Do you use it on the bottom slot only ? Or did you start on the top slot/no slots ?

Quote Originally Posted by BIrish View Post
    Great pics and vids

You are riding Hattie in a slotted Kimblewick ? How do you find it ? Just bought one for TT (haven't tried it yet - it's on it's way over from the UK with a friend tomorrow) as I didn't want to go straight to a Pelham.

Do you use it on the bottom slot only ? Or did you start on the top slot/no slots ?
    I now ride her generally in a myler plain snaffle and she is going brilliantly in it I put her in the kimblewick again (I used to hack her in this as steering and stopping was tricky ) as she was strong out hunting last time, but tbh I didn't need it. I used to hack her without using the slots and only put on the bottom one for the day.

Last year I really doubted that I'd ever be able to get her to come light and school nicely as she seemed so hard in the mouth, this year she has just come on in leaps and bounds and I'm actually optimistic of doing some dressage tests

I like kimblewicks and used to ride my Clava in one, Hattie certainly seems to like the straight bar / small port combination, which is perhaps why she likes the curved "straight bar" of the Myler, allowing her some tongue space.

I also have a low ported Myler too which I used inbetween the two bits mentioned and that bit would have been perfect for hunting, it also has hooks for a chain, but I have never used it with one
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]