Thread: Hutton in the Forrest - *Vids + Pics*

Default Hutton in the Forrest - *Vids + Pics*

This is not the best report, but I'm still pleased, and most so about the way I rode in the SJ.

So, on Saturday morning we set off across the A69 to the M6 to go to Hutton in the Forrest ODE - our second BE event

I was really excited again, and really pleased that I seem to have lost the pre-competition nerves I used to get

Got there and walked the course. It was much more technical that Richmond, but nothing too challenging for a BE90. I was pleased that there were new type of jumps - a ski-jump off the top of the hill, a triple skinny on a curve, and a nice bold trakehner 3 from home.

The course is quite hilly and I was a bit worried about Thomas' fitness especially as the ground was very soft in places.

Dressage
    He was full of himself! Quite on his toes, but seemed to settle along strong which I haven't really had before...
    Anyway, we missed a canter lead - he was too busy being nosey to listen, and then went on the wrong leg, and went a bit hollow into the walk.
    Came out with 42.5 I was a bit disappointed as I like my dressage, but that said, I haven't worked on it much since Richmond.

SJ
    Warm up went well, although every time I did the oxer he caught the front front with his back toe... Was really irritating. After 4 times, I decided to leave it and just go in the ring.
    We were up next.
    We went so well, really forward and positive, but knocked 5!!! I couldn't believe it! I didn't even hear him rub 5 but even the hubby (who usually gives me grief over poor SJ) said it was just bad luck and the slightest knock and they seemed to drop. Never mind. We got 1 time fault, but quite a few got time faults.

XC
    He was very "up for it"!! I was thrilled, I really wanted a better ride than Richmond and for him to be much more going for it.
    Well he did.
    He galloped up and down the hills with plenty of running left.
    I steadied for the triple skinny, but made my line too narrow, and had a run out at the middle Just due to rider inexperience and I don't feel that he did it out of malice, I was just right on the edge of the fence (probably wouldn't have got head and shoulders through if he had jumped). I circled and popped B and C with no problem. I was cross with myself though!

He jumped the rest of the course with no problem, and even the commentator said that he came with plenty of fuel left in the tank - took me all the space to stop!! So I'm pleased with all the fitness work I've done!

Finished on a bit of a cricket score of 83.5 but most of all I was pleased how much better my SJ was, and how much better XC we were (despite that run out - it won't happen again!!).

Need to start setting myself aims now.

Anyway, for the videos - Dressage should be uploaded soon, as on hubbys phone:

Coming over 11:

And coming over 7b from the trees:

And the photos from the XC:
    http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...Forrest%20ODE/

Can't see the pics on your photobucket says I need a password? But he looks fab in the vids! Well done

I was there on sunday (not riding unfortunately, went with a friend who was in the novice) and by god was it churned up in places - SJ warm up was a right bog! From what I saw of the BE90 course it looked pretty nice, but then it always does if you're walking the biggest course and not having to jump either of them

Well done - atleast it gives you things to work on
    Native pony addict!

Well done, cant always go right, but least you were there doing it

Im jealous muchly would love to be out there doing it............

Thanks everyone - yeah, I'm not disheartened by it or anything. Although I'm not sure how to correct my 20 pens, maybe now I'm going forward I need to push him back onto his hocks a bit more. We'll find out as we do/try more.

Yeah, I saw that the BE90 had two fences removed for the Sunday - one of which was the Trakehner. Really glad I got to jump that. I saw that they had done the same with a novice fence, but to be fair, Thomas and I got round in the time, and only really galloped up the hill after the water, from 10 - 11, and after 11, so I thought the ground held up well considering all the rain they had had.

ETA: The album was set to private by mistake Shoudl be viewable now: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...Forrest%20ODE/
    Last edited by sophie; 11-09-2012 at 09:02.

Finally managed to get my pro photos to show you, not sure whether to buy any, what do you think?

Coming over 13, and off to number 14 - big Trakehner:

First shot over 14 - Thomas giving it some air!!

Second shot over 14:

What do you think?

If I was jumping that hanging log I would deffo buy it!

Thanks! I'm just not sure about which one if, any, the one where he's keen with his ears pricked over the fence, I'm catching him a bit in the mouth...
    Not sure...