Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow Heucherella and I are going eventer trialling

Default Tomorrow Heucherella and I are going eventer trialling

Heucherella has been taking her daughter back to uni so today I went to walk the course. this is as much for her benefits as anything else

For the pairs (2ft3 2ft 6) we don't have to jump the show jumps just the xc jumps. From showjump number 9 you ride straight on over fence number 1 out the the first field

you bear slightly right down a sharp hill to number 2

you continue on a clockwise circle up the hill (lots of impulsion) and jump back out of the field into a wooded area over jump 3

its then a sharp left down a steep hill and over this at the bottom keeping left

straight up the hill and bear left over this

straight on to number 6 aim for the middle post

into the next field to the far hedge with an anti clockwise bend round the tree then straight to

bear slightly left to 8

number 9 is the water a small drop

looking back

then we bare sharp right doing an anticlockwise circle round the tree up a very very steep hill, so lots of impulsion needed to this

we bear right along the fence line and start a left hand bend to go up the steps

we turn left along the next side of the field and jump this

a left hand turn at the next corner to this

left again continuing left across the middle of the field

bear right to this

almost straight on to this

turn right to this which I assume is the last one

we are going for a nice day out, no pressure. We will then do the singles round the same course but do the showjumping first.

I hope there is a photographer or that our singles rounds are very far apart
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

Looks brilliant and no ditches! hope you both have an excellent time, can't wait for the pics
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

What a lovely inviting looking course, have a great day and good luck! I hope to be doing those next year if I'm brave enough!

P.s. I am going to give you a ring, I'm just trying to set aside enough time for a proper chat! Will pm to see what times suit you best.x

Excellent! Hope you have a great time and fingers crossed for lots of photos. They do look like big jumps to me eek! Hopefully one day ill be brave enough

Default Tomorrow Heucherella and I are going eventer trialling

Looks a very inviting course! Enjoy & good luck
    Native pony addict!

Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by cookster1975 View Post
    What a lovely inviting looking course, have a great day and good luck! I hope to be doing those next year if I'm brave enough!

P.s. I am going to give you a ring, I'm just trying to set aside enough time for a proper chat! Will pm to see what times suit you best.x
    no problem, I can usually talk most times but tomorrow morning might be a bit tricky!

I walked the wrong course to start with 2ft6-2ft9 and I was worried I would have to lie to Heucherella about the size
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

Good luck, and have fun!

looks like fun, i would do the last jump :-) have a great time girls, PICS PICS PICS please

Mother always told me honesty is the best policy, but for most the truth hurts.

Whew, those don't look too bad at all We may actually get round...that is if Rolo doesn't refuse the first jump 3 times . He is fine once he is going, just sometimes takes a while to jump the first. Luckily we willl be following Mischief, and Rolo will follow him anywhere .

Many thanks, Wibble, for the comprehensive tour - I will try and learn the route...