Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow Heucherella and I are going eventer trialling

Default Tomorrow Heucherella and I are going eventer trialling

Good luck girlys its looks a lovely course

I'm that I can't come why are days out like buses everything comes at once!

Will look forward to the update x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Good luck to both of you. Looks like a lovely course. Have a fantastic time and make sure you take pics and do a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks so fun! Have a fab time!

Well that didn't go quite according to plan....There were about 25 pairs in our class, and huge numbers warming up at the same time, and the boys were not happy. They were both napping and freaking out. We went back out and walked around the car park for a bit until the field was quieter, then we did manage to have a bit of a canter around, and pop a jump a few times, but we were a bit lacking in the brakes department. Mischief really needs a decent warm-up with lots of jumping to get his back working, but it just didn't happen. We did our best, and managed the first two fences, but at fence three Mischief decided he wasn't going any further, so that was that.

I then went back to the warm up field, and tried to settle my nerves, which had been a bit shaken. I had ages to wait for the individual, but sweet-talked the steward into bumping me up the order, before I bottled out .

First we had the little show-jump course, and Rolo was still a bit nappy, so it took a couple of circles to even get him to the first jump. We then managed the rest fairly easily, until the last which he ran out. We got over second time, and jumped out straight onto the xc course. Jump 2 he then refused, but after that we flew round the next ones quite well. The water caused a hesitation, and he walked through, and then we had to canter up a steep hill keeping enough impulsion to get over a jump at the top.....We managed it!! Then there was a long run to the sunken road, and Rolo was beginning to tire. We even got overtaken by another rider Still. we soldiered on, but had a refusal at 12, and another at 14, the skinny. I was gasping for breath by then, but we held it together, and flew the last few.

I am so pleased just to have got round, especially as the plan had been to have been dragged round by Mischief in the pairs first, so that we then would find the individual easier. Still, we managed, although I doubt it was very pretty! It was my first xc competition ever. A friend that we met there may have got some video, so if I can I will post it.

Naughty mischief, they all have bad days and It does sound like you had a nightmare of a warm up!! Congratulations on completing your first xc, it doesn't matter what it looked like, you got round that's the main thing :-)

I am not in the right place to say much right now apart from I let my poor horsey and heucherella down quite badly today.
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

No you didn't. Mischief had an issue today - you did nothing wrong. You tried really hard. And I am fine - I did the individual and am happy.

Oh wibble you shouldn't blame yourself, I'm sure it was just an off day. By the sounds of it heucherella was chuffed with what she achieved anyway so you shouldn't blame yourself, horses will be horses. Massive hugs to you.

Woo! Well done for getting round Heucherella! You must be really pleased Looking forward to seeing the Video!
    The course does look fab!
    Aww don't blame yourself Wibble, we all have bad days as does our horses! Chin up - next time will be another story! xx

Heucherella, glad you got round, and as long as you are pleased with Rolo AND you enjoyed yourself, who cares how you got round - Well done for your first XC event! I have my first XC event at Berwick Farm next Sunday - doing the pairs, then the Novice Horse - Tbh, I'm bricking it!!

Wibble, don't let this 'blip' get you down, horses have bad days just like us......... onwards and upwards I say!!

Ps...... where was this event??