Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Mids. xmas meet ideas

Default East Mids. xmas meet ideas

So, anybody got any ideas for this years East Mids. xmas meet up and meal?

I'm new to the area so no idea of places to go but as long as I can easily get there on train or bus anywhere is fine

What date do you normally do the meet up? Term ends on the 14th of December so i'll probably go home pretty soon after that

Last couple of years it has been early December I think. As people tend to be booked up later on in the month

WB lets make some suggestions and do a poll

Quite happy to go to Beths What about the 8th December?

As long as there's CHIPS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
    I'm new to the area so no idea of places to go but as long as I can easily get there on train or bus anywhere is fine

What date do you normally do the meet up? Term ends on the 14th of December so i'll probably go home pretty soon after that
    We could travel together?

I'm happy for people to come to my yard? As long as it's a day when there are no sessions running.
    Got a lounge area, with heaters, so can do cuppas/keep warm when not with ponies and lots of ponies for everyone to fuss over - plus a foalie (9 in total!)
    Then theres a really nice pub nearby, not been but everyone seems to rave about it, that we could travel too. Its about 5/10min car journey. (just over an hour hack if anyone fancies that?! Got 7 (if people are small enough/have a death wish) rideable horses/ponies! :P

Quote Originally Posted by stephiibean View Post
    We could travel together?

I'm happy for people to come to my yard? As long as it's a day when there are no sessions running.
    Got a lounge area, with heaters, so can do cuppas/keep warm when not with ponies and lots of ponies for everyone to fuss over - plus a foalie (9 in total!)
    Then theres a really nice pub nearby, not been but everyone seems to rave about it, that we could travel too. Its about 5/10min car journey. (just over an hour hack if anyone fancies that?! Got 7 (if people are small enough/have a death wish) rideable horses/ponies! :P
    Good idea, I might actually make it that way! Are you still moving near to the uni?

Both options sound great, they both contain food and horses - my two fav things

Which pub are you thinking of Steph?

come to miiiiine we have a tack room with unlimited tea/coffee/hot chocolate, biscuits and a lovely pub up the road from us...

plus lots and lots of ponies to cuddle, including Pipin the mini shet (she may have dropped her foal by then too! )

Quote Originally Posted by pigletsmum View Post
    Which pub are you thinking of Steph?
    The Star or I know there is a nice one not far from sutton bonnington vet campus - forget name of it.

Yes I am Lucy, not sure when though. Waiting for current tennants to move out