Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me and Domino went XC schooling today (photos)!

Default Me and Domino went XC schooling today (photos)!

Well i hacked down to a local XC course today, never been there but it's actually a nice place.

Had a bit of a moment when we first got there when he had an almighty bucking session and for a moment i thought i might be hitting the deck before we'd been near a fence! He's very funny as he has a good squeal when he does it - it's just so exciting!

Jumped everything i asked of him, i did keep it simple as he hasn't been XC in a long time , is pretty green and just wanted to build his confidence up.

His owners had told me that last time he went XC schooling it too 2 hours to get him in the water, so i've been making sure i ride through every puddle we see and it seemed to pay off as he went in with a little persuasion! A ditch on the other hand.... oh boy. In the end i got off then proceeded to spend 40 minutes trying to drag him over. When he finally went i thought that would be it, but no i repeated the same process another 2 times then still couldn't get him over once i was back on board! So we have serious work to do with ditches!

Looking forward to the Cottesmore hunt clinic next w/e for Your Horse, and have a few things pencilled in after that - he's a fun boy though, if a bit frustrating and stubbon!

And my two favourites..

Looks fab! Glad you had fun and the water wasn't an issue!

Well done you. I would of got off and started crying with the bucking fit lol, I'm so brave.....not. The jumps look pretty big, shame about the ditch but well done with the water. He is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those jumps are huge! Can I have your guts. Bet the loaners are thrilled with your progress!

Thanks everyone! Really pleased with him, was so much fun!

RS - they seem to be really pleased, their coming down to watch the clinic next weekend so hopefully won't disgrace ourselves!

He looks great!! Ketton Park is only about an hour from me so if you ever fancy meeting up there let me know - Slainey gives leads over ditches

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rosie-X View Post
    He looks great!! Ketton Park is only about an hour from me so if you ever fancy meeting up there let me know - Slainey gives leads over ditches
    That would be fab! Probably going again in a few weeks if you fancy it?

Yea sounds great Im competing on the 13th October and 21st October but have no plans after that so can do any other weekend day!
    Last edited by X-Rosie-X; 01-10-2012 at 10:08.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rosie-X View Post
    Yea sounds great Im competing on the 13th October and 21st October but have no plans after that so can do any other weekend day!
    Okay well i have things planned for the next 2 weekends so maybe the 28th? If that suits you?