Thread: That hack was just what the doctor ordered...

Default That hack was just what the doctor ordered...

I was having a meltdown (that is putting it lightly!) about broadband installation today, leading to me writing a complaint letter and then running off to the yard. I needed a good hack and Bril was only too happy to oblige

We were out for 2.5hrs in the end, did about 18km I think from my crude measuring of the OS map afterwards. We explored 2 new bridlepaths I hadn't been on before, including a magical one which went straight through a stubble field (GALLOP TIME). We had a few overflowing streams, and the usual river crossing was up to Bril's belly, but he went through like a pro.

We ended up in a field of cows (on a bridlepath)..they walked towards us, as Bril stood and snorted at them. I think carried on and they decided to follow us...so we led a herd of cows at trot across the field -they do look very menacing, and I am a teeny bit afraid of cows! But we got out unharmed, and clearly cow cutting will be our next challenge After this we got soaked in a heavy shower, but lots of onward speed and a breeze soon dried us off. We then went to explore a nice uphill bridleway, which comes out in the middle of one of the villages onto the A road. I didn't time it too well and we ended up having to do a mile on the A road at 5.15pm...prime rush hour! We met several lorries, and a train, and all sorts of other whatnot, but Bril did his best 'pretending to be brave' pony impression, and we survived by just keeping trotting

I came back feeling much refreshed to my bewildered yard mates who think an hour is a LONG hack...

Few pics:

Nice to think how much my pony has come on- when I think 3 years ago I couldn't get him out the yard driveway on his own, and 2 years ago he wasn't really safe on the roads alone...

Now that sounds like my idea of a nice hack! How can anyone think hacking is boring? Or maybe it is if you always do the same 5 mile loop...

You pony sounds like a star!

That sounds like brilliant fun, can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon! I had both my boys out in the stubbles this weekend, Toby on Friday and Pea on Saturday, and they were both just fab, loved it! that made for very contended reading