Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding with multiple sclerosis

Default Riding with multiple sclerosis

Hi, I'm new to this board :-) I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has ms and still rides? Riding is a real lifeline for me and I would love to hear anyone else's experiences about how they manage to keep riding evening despite the challenges of having ms. Thank u
    J x

Hi and welcome to TO!

I'm sorry, I have no experience of riding with MS, but just wanted to say hi. I'm sure there will be other board members who will be able to share some experiences with you though

Welcome to the boards!

No experience of MS, I'm afraid, but I'm a disabled rider. I completely get what you mean about riding being your lifeline - my horses have quite literally saved my life and the time I spend with them makes everything else worthwhile.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Default Re: Riding with multiple sclerosis

Welcome! I'm a disabled rider too, I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome, so no Ms experience. Me having my own horses was life changing, I actually feel so much better for it! There are a few disabled riders on the board which i'm sure you will find soon enough. do you have your own? Or do you ride somewhere? :-)

Xxx
    THE EQUINE INFORMATION EXCHANGE Equine information, not speculation.

Hi and welcome to the best board ever :-D I don't have any experience with MS but as others have said there are a few members who have other disabilities and they may be able to offer some words of wisdom should you need them

Do you have your own horse? If so we love pics :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

No experience of MS, I'm afraid, but I'm a disabled rider. I completely get what you mean about riding being your lifeline - my horses have quite literally saved my life and the time I spend with them makes everything else worthwhile.
    That's good to know I love my horse utterly and completely and have no idea how I would have coped with being disabled if I didn't have him...

Thank you! I am amazed at how many people have replied already - it's so lovely! I am very lucky to have my own horse and get lots of help and support from my OH and a very patient trainer!

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    Hi and welcome to the best board ever :-D I don't have any experience with MS but as others have said there are a few members who have other disabilities and they may be able to offer some words of wisdom should you need them

Do you have your own horse? If so we love pics :-)

I do have my own lovely boy who I love to bits.... I'll need to work out how to post pics!! Definitely a newbie here Words of wisdom are always welcome

The best thing to use to post pics is photobucket. You add pics from your pc onto photobucket and then you can just copy and past the img code onto your thread on here and hey presto the pic will appear :-) I'm sure someone else on here will explain it better lol.

I have MS, have had it for nearly 40 years. I am very weak on my left side and have had to change lots of things but all sorted now, biggest enemy is getting overtired and of course the wobbles with my left leg caused problems for the horse for a while. I have just found different ways of doing things and no longer jump as balance is poor. Riding means I can get to places I couldn't possibly walk to and is the best therapy ever. Where are you based? Oh.... much welcome to the board!