Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The boy has come good!

Default The boy has come good!

I don't know if anyone remembers but in feb I had lightly backed my sec d stalli and all was going well. Until some idiot decided to vault on him bare back in the field - result was a serious buck every time I tried to mount. I decided to give him some time off so he's been left in the field for the spring and summer but the past few weeks I have been putting weight on his back in the field and then yesterday I saddled him without incident. Today the plan was just to lean over with the saddle on - but he was so unbothered that I swung my leg over and hey presto I was on! He was an angel!

For all of those who offered their support, advice and sympathy - thankyou! I'll get pics tomorrow

Default Re: The boy has come good!

Ahh I'm really pleased to read this update!! Are you planning on keeping him going now or leave him til spring now you know he has got past it?x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Well Done that's great news xxx

As far as what I'm going to do now with him I'm still undecided. Part of me thinks I should get him out with my little mare and let her rider lead me on him. At least that way he won't freak when she goes out and he's left on his own. At the end of the day I'll leave it up to him and see what he is comfortable with

Glad he's ok now. Look forward to the pictures!

Can't wait to see him. My favourite breed

Went for a wander down the lane today - being led of course cause I'm going to be a passenger for a bit - just the way I do it. Until they develop the muscles to carry a rider I don't interfere...

He did like nibbling on my boot - have to stop that one...

And we got sundae over her fear of water by giving her no choice in the matter

To the point where her loaner could hack her down the canal (was actually an accident through a wrong turn )

And a nice autumn shot

Thanks for looking I'm beaming

He's lovely - how is he bred?

His grandad on one side is Nebo Daniel (but then who isn't lol) and on the other side Brennig lines. I just bought him cause he was pretty, black and had 4 white socks

Default Re: The boy has come good!

Ah lovely photos, you must be very proud

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2