Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed on breed

Default Help needed on breed

Hi guys

I am trying to work out what my loan mare's breeding is, I know her full registered name but have no idea of how to find out her breeding. This has all come about as we noticed that when she trots in the field her tails is straight up in a very arab like way but she is a coloured?

I will try and get a picture on here but I don't have many and those I have aren't great.

Does anyone know if I can use her registered name to find out any info on breeding?

Thanks

I'm not in the UK, so I can't really help. Does her registered name have a breeder's prefix attached? This would be helpful to narrow it down.

If it is the horse in your avatar, then no, not a pure Arab. Arabs can be coloured, but not by tobiano, which that horse is.

Don't know if this would help? http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
    I'm not in the UK, so I can't really help. Does her registered name have a breeder's prefix attached? This would be helpful to narrow it down.

If it is the horse in your avatar, then no, not a pure Arab. Arabs can be coloured, but not by tobiano, which that horse is.
    I believe so, I'll PM you her name. No that's not her, that's my Irish cob

My full bred thoroughbred does that as well. I agree though have a look on allbreedpedigree.

My pure bred new forest does it too its just arab blood in the lines way back.

HippoHead does it on occasions, I doubt very much he has any arab in his bloodlines.

Mary does that she's Welsh D cross Trotter.

I'd eb interested to find out what her breeding is wither way. I don't know if I;m being a bit special but I can't get the link above to work (well not the link but the site)

Welshies, TBs and connies that I've known have all tended to lift their tails like a banner.

I've just had a look at the allbreedpedigree site, and the first time I tried typing in Salsa's name, the page only refreshed but I pressed enter after typing rather than clicking on "horse query". Using the search button brought up every Salsa on the register and my lad was about half way down.

Out of interest, I put in River's passported name, but she's not listed at all. Given that I only know her mother is called Tilly (or possibly Tillie ) and that she's a chestnut Haflinger x Thoroughbred, I can't even find her parents. So if you know her parents' names and their approximate ages, you might be able to find them even if your mare isn't listed.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]