Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed on breed

You can't use the parents on allbreedpedigree to find the foals. I've just tried using my two that are on there. Which is a shame, do you have your loan horses passport? perhaps e-mail/write to previous owners/breeder that is in the passport?

Also try typing her full registered name into google, it might bring up a stud or some other useful information.

Most horses with a passport have a registered name, but thats no guarantee they have recorded breeding.

You can't use the parents on allbreedpedigree to find the foals.
    You can, I've done it loads of times. Sometimes you can't see progeny if its an entry you''ve added yourself though. The option is under reports, progeny.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
    I'm not in the UK, so I can't really help. Does her registered name have a breeder's prefix attached? This would be helpful to narrow it down.

If it is the horse in your avatar, then no, not a pure Arab. Arabs can be coloured, but not by tobiano, which that horse is.
    Thats a new one on me, but I suppose if a bay horse can be brown, an arab can be coloured.
    Or would you call an arab with sabino 'a coloured' horse? If you do, that probably explains why it seems we can't agree on descriptions of colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    Thats a new one on me, but I suppose if a bay horse can be brown, an arab can be coloured.
    Or would you call an arab with sabino 'a coloured' horse? If you do, that probably explains why it seems we can't agree on descriptions of colour.
    Actually, I go further than that, and see the white patterning genes that are in every breed. Yes, I would call an Arab with sabino that extends beyond "normal" white a coloured horse, but I would also say that an Arab with high whites that are "normal" but have arrow heads is sabino. I usually like to identify every gene possible with every horse I am asked about, and always tend to include "normal" white in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    You can, I've done it loads of times. Sometimes you can't see progeny if its an entry you''ve added yourself though. The option is under reports, progeny.
    Ooh, thanks didn't realise you could do that.