Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toby just backed and beyond!

So he's had 2 weeks off due to nonstop snow!

We got back onboard today..3rd time being ridden since being brought back and will be his 12th time being ridden ever...he is that green!
    We shall be opening up the school again tomorrow, only used half today and braved the snow. Was hardwork for him and I had to long rein him for quite some time as fresh just didn't even cover it! He was wired to the moon...
    Here's a wee video
    Last edited by sophieandcallum; 31-03-2013 at 17:58.

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...if you never love a horse, you will never understand

Toby today

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...if you never love a horse, you will never understand

I want a highland!!!!! *Stamps feet*
    He's lovely
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

I am having SO much fun with this pony, he is fantastic!

Started off a bit dubious, got quite good...

Then we got all a bit excited...

But I think we'll be giving workers a good bash in the future!

Definitely a workers pony he is lovely. Can't believe how much he has come on. I'd love a highland but as I want a been there do e that they seem to be out of my price range

So we've been working away for about 5 weeks now so thought I'd update you all ;D

We're mostly hacking so photos are rare but here he is in the school the other day

He is lovely , your doing a great job with him x

Finally Toby has tack of his own, bridle is for everyday only...shall be getting one made up for showing lucky enough to find a saddle from a board member locally which is the same as the one I had been riding him in so was perfect

Anyway here he is...these photos are all of his 'bad' rein, I just love his enthusiasm...we're now just beginning to master half halts as he likes to go at speed everywhere
    I also had my first flying lesson last week...due to a chain saw starting, he was a bit shaken by the fact I was on the floor but got back on and he settled quickly.

We have our first show together and his first ever ridden show penciled in for 18th...

I love my pony

I still want a highland! *STAMPS FEET*

He is lovely
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Well we did it! And I couldn't of asked him to behave better, he is a superstar we were 3rd inhand, would have been higher if he lost some weight (we're working very hard on that and he has gone down 3 girth sizes already) and would have been 3rd in open large m&m ridden but we went HC due to it being his first ridden show.