Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CJ's hunting antics with gratuitous piccies :)

Default CJ's hunting antics with gratuitous piccies :)

As I haven't been on for a bit I thought I would update you on my hunting antics.

Last Wednesday Charm and I went dragging for the first time this season.

We only stayed out for 2 lines as somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd line we lost a shoe.

Not the end of the world as the ground was so deep I was terrified of pulled tendons so I had a good excuse to call it a day.

We did however manage to get a couple of pics

Then yesterday as our normal meet is underwater we had the drag to the farm for a bit of a jolly. We couldn't have the hounds unfortunately but we had a great fun day.

I couldn't take charm as she is off games at the moment but my boss kindly lent me one of his affectionately known as Tara Tiara or T bag as I call her.

Wibble and Mischief joined us but I will let her update

I had such a great day on her and really hope that we don't manage to sell her and o can go out on her some more and keep the Barmy one for team chasing but unless I win the lottery I doubt it will happen lol

Hope you enjoy.

Great update, always enjoy reading your adventures!!

Love your hedge hopping pics! Very nice .

I do enjoy your posts. Looking fab!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Shame about charm is it just the shoe loss that's keeping her back? That grey looks to know its job lol

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Looking good

Great pics - is that the Mid Surrey?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beastie View Post
    Shame about charm is it just the shoe loss that's keeping her back? That grey looks to know its job lol
    Charm picked up a nail in her foot on Xmas eve so has been in and poulticed since then. The vet was happy that no internal structures were involved as she has got better. Shoe will hopefully go on in the morning and I will take her out for a ride and then turn her out.

The grey has whipped in towards the end of last season and what we have had this season but isn't too keen on being upfront and going away after stray hounds but oh my god she is lovely. I have been schooling her and had a dressage lesson the day before. She does it all sj's as well when I pull her out.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstys View Post
    Great pics - is that the Mid Surrey?
    Yes its the Mid Surrey Farmers Drag

Default CJ's hunting antics with gratuitous piccies :)

Well it was terrifying and exhilarating all at once. I had no brakes and the hills and hedges were epic. I am afraid I wimped out the hedges despite much encouragement but did manage a fair few jumps.
    I had to laugh when mischief was tanking towards a fence I heard a voice behind me shouting kick on! They are a fearless but very friendly pack although I may need more brakes next time. There is one photo of us jumping some weeny tyres downhill.
    I dread to think what a big day is like!!
    Tiara is a great big gorgeous jumping machine.
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

Quote Originally Posted by *cj* View Post

Yes its the Mid Surrey Farmers Drag
    I went out with them a few times when I was (much) younger!