Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sundae's first jump

Default Sundae's first jump

We started with this

Cones were too small so she kept trying to trot the poles...

But we did get this :}

Tried a straight but it confused her and she plowed through it :{

So we went back to a cross - she made more of an effort but left a leg :{ Called it a day at that point as she was getting a tired bunny...

l've got the school booked again for Tues so we'll see how she goes then. She really enjoyed it and pulled me to the jump - didn't stop or run out once :} Proud of my baby girl :}

Haha bless her, I love watching the babies get used to poles. "Aaaaaaaah! WHAT THE HECK DO I DO WITH MY LEGS????" And then one day it just clicks.

l know exactly what you mean! Bless her though she was as keen as anything which is half the battle l guess :}

Aw bless her! I'm going to try some jumps with Phantom on the lunge as its been a long time and I'm a wimp

Go for it! lt's really reassured me as she's keen but doesn't balloon them so not worried about getting on at some point in the future :}

Toby's retired from jumping now, but if I hadn't jumped in a while or he was being an idiot I'd lunge him over jumps and it really helped!

Sundae looks great bet you are excited to get cracking with her!

Daisy was a bit confused first time we jumped her, next session she was flying over them

Really excited to be cracking on with her. Having a flatwork lesson on Weds with me riding her rather than M - see how that goes lol. l tend to hack and give M lessons when we hire the school...

She's nice. How is she bred?

She's gorgeous!!