Thread: Horsebox & trailer breakdown cover

Default Horsebox & trailer breakdown cover

I need to get some cover but am unsure of who or who not to go with. Anyone had any experience good or bad or can recommend. The AA whom I am a member of recommend the organisation of horsebox and trailer owners.

The RAC provide Horse Trailer Assistance.... which is dealing with car/trailer and transporting horses home. I think the last time I bought it was about 95 for the year. However, they do not cover horsboxes.

I've covered my 3.5t horsebox through the company that I have insured it with.

Default Horsebox & trailer breakdown cover

Ours is through our insurance woth NFU
    Native pony addict!

My trailer insurance is with SEIB as they offered breakdown cover.

oh I insure with NFU I never thought of asking them. Thank you I shall give them a call.

lf you are a member with the AA they will cover a waggon up to 3.5t under yours own policy f you have it set for the person rather than the car. They won't move the horses of course, but l do this as l rarely travel far and have only ever broken down at home or actually at the show ground... When l did a 2OOO mile round trip over 4 days l got proper cover lol

lol I didn't bother with proper cover before because I was only going to local events but I'm planning on doing BE this year and that means motorways and long journeys so thought I should probably get something in place. fingers crossed I never have to use it