Thread: Following on from my 'Help me make a decision' thread!

Default Following on from my 'Help me make a decision' thread!

Well so far I haven't made one!!
    However I am planning to go back and have another look and a drive at the weekend and taking my friend with me to give a mechanical decision.
    What I would like are your thoughts on now please is plating costs (I can't remember how much I paid before )
    I know it is impossible to say but how much would an average plating cost? Last year there were no advisories but it def needs new batteries.
    Can you give me a rough idea on what I might need to pay, assuming there are no major issues?
    Thanks x

My plating was 95, It failed first time in four years New drag link (16 off ebay) brake hose (50 had to buy this from Leyland as couldn't find one to fit my 1991 lorry!) labour to fit parts 80 so not bad really. Last time it failed I had to have new brakes discs/callipers on the front which was about 700. Batteries I think are around 130 last time, but that was years and years ago!

I dread the day when it finally gives a ghost, I've had her 8 years and use her every week, go on camps ( I have good living with cooker/hob/sink ) we go on pleasure rides, and its always nice to have a cuppa after, plus the ponies travel very well.

My lorry came with a plating, and after spending a cartload of cash getting her right (well about 700) she should sail through her next test with only a service and the test cost (I hope!). My mechanic is ace, he will save me money where he can - if you have a good mechanic you'll be fine!
    Fjords - the best pony in the world!

Well the decision has been made for me The price of the lorry haws gone up so I no longer plan to buy!

Oh *dislike*

that's a shame!
    Fjords - the best pony in the world!

Ive just bought my third lorry and hope its third time lucky!! But it does have plating til next april and its had quite abit done. got sick of hiring as it was always booked when i wanted it and then theres the hassel of picking it up and taking it back,and your not as free to come and go as you want.
    But you have to do whats best for yourself.