Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dexter

I still don't know what I make of it all tbh...

*spoiler*

The one good thing about the ending was... it was so bad ... parts of it ... that I don't have any desire to watch anymore ... so its a sort of closure!!

I mean, they made such a hash of it.... that there is no saving of it.

When you think of all the good endings there have been on the other seasons (Rita dead in the bath was just the ultimate 'OMG, Noooooooo!') it really wasn't the best way to end such a good programme. I wanted him to be walking towards Hannah as she was reading about his 'death' too. Would have been a much better ending.

Also, why would he just dump Deb's body in the sea like she was nothing more than one of his victims? That didn't really make much sense to me (although get why he killed her).

I really liked the ending - the only thing I didnt like was that he didnt look happy right at the end, and I also wanted to know if he carried on with the Code and his old ways in his new life. Personally I think he should've committed suicide.

He couldnt go back to Hannah and Harrison as he believed he destroyed everyone he loved, so staying away was the kindest thing for them. It was also be too happy ever after and fairy tale like, there had to be something not perfect about it all.

OH and I have just had a conversation about how difficult it must be to stab someone with a ball point pen!!

Quote Originally Posted by tasha View Post
    I really liked the ending - the only thing I didnt like was that he didnt look happy right at the end, and I also wanted to know if he carried on with the Code and his old ways in his new life. Personally I think he should've committed suicide.

He couldnt go back to Hannah and Harrison as he believed he destroyed everyone he loved, so staying away was the kindest thing for them. It was also be too happy ever after and fairy tale like, there had to be something not perfect about it all.

OH and I have just had a conversation about how difficult it must be to stab someone with a ball point pen!!
    You see for me, I liked how the series developed and they managed to make the 'psychopath' fit into society...
    I mean who would have thought, you'd be rooting for the serial killer?? Yes, I wanted him to get away with it.

If anything, earlier in the season, it was gearing up for an evolved Dexter, with Evelyn s continual surprise, that he had love, empathy, and could express emotion. He cared about his son and worried for his future. He chose not to kill Saxon in the first instance.

If he couldn't make it work, if he was convinced that he was going to harm everyone he loved because he was a monster... why did he leave his child with a serial killer??? And Hannah killed innocents... she had no code. No higher 'morality'.

Deb died as a result of his choice to spare Saxon... his human weakness cost him everything in the end ... perhaps ironic .... but they could have still let him get away to his new life with Hannah marked with that tragedy. That no matter how he tried, he would always be a monster.

And also, himself and Deb had been through the whole 'you are not responsible for my life/choices' earlier in the season. When she was gone to the bad because of his actions. So that was all made redundant.

Losing Deb would have been enough of 'not perfect' for me. You're right, he couldn't get away scot free, he had to lose somehow, and that was enough for me.

I thought her death was shoddy aswell. Slipping into a coma... please. On a show that's never shied away from the gruesome. I fancied some 'SAW-esque' showdown with Saxon where Dex accidentally killed Deb. Thats whats I thought was happening when he was chasing him through the hospital... not Angel stepping and Saxon meekly surrendering.

It just didn't make sense.