Thread: A Great Weekend Out

Default A Great Weekend Out

This weekend, Thomas & I were part of one of the riding club teams, doing Indoor XC. It didn't really seem my thing, as we need to work on going forward, and that is more difficult in an indoor arena (60m x 30m). Maybe it is psychology, but I feel I'm much more able to ride forward in an outdoor, especially without any fencing (like last week's SJ arena).

We were doing the 85cm and were last to ride in the team. So far the first person had a run out or stop (I'm not sure which) so had 10 pens to add to their time, but then the other two were clear.

The course wasn't too twisty which was good and there were just 12 fences. I've seen Show x's with up to 25 jumps included indoors (jumping some either way and some twice) and I'd have never remembered the course! There was a challenging line fence 6 to 7 as you came almost across the diagonal, lining you up to fence 2, but turning around the back of some mushrooms, and across the other diagonal to 7 - you'll see on the video what I mean! Some tried to take a straight line, jumping both on the angles, but it massively tightened the turn to a skinny number 8, plus only a handful rode it well...

Here's the video - it's not the prettiest but I know I've still to work on forwardness around tighter corners and off into the fence, but I was determined not to get a run out or stop! Our round was timed at 77 seconds, not the quickest, but by no means the slowest

GREAT NEWS! The team came 5th out of 33 team, and I came 19th individually, which I was really pleased with!

Hope you enjoyed reading/watching & that your weekend was not spoilt by the yacky weather too much

Some of those are very narrow, and I agree, I always seem to feel more enclosed and less inclined to get more forward motion in an indoor. Looks like a great round to me, well done

I think he's super! well done. i also think xc indoors is much harder than outdoors!

Default A Great Weekend Out

I'll watch the vid later but well done!
    Native pony addict!

Well done When you ride him more forwards (eg towards the last fence) it looks so much better - but he looks like such a big horse that I imagine it is difficult to ride really forwards indoors!