Thread: Welsh D's manes??

Default Welsh D's manes??

Ok help...

Mouldy pone is a full up welsh D..... Now we are not oing to be showing or anything (well nothing serious if we do). But I need advice on her mane.......

After several years as a broodmare her mane has been somewhat neglected (and chewed by babies). Primarily we'll be doing rc stuff the odd dressage test etc and I want her to look smart but not take away fom her breeding. But at the moment it's a bit higgildy piggildy lol. Any advice would be appreciated x
    Wanted: lead rein/ first ridden pony wanted for two boys. Age and looks unimportant long term family home offered. Long loan preferred pm me dets

If it is untidy, I would pull and tidy up until it was even and then grow out to the desired length.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Agree with Clava

I'm not 100% sure on 'correct' length for Welshies but they are def tidied/smarten up.

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Pull it short enough to sort it out, then if it was me, I'd maintain a length around 6-8 inches long, depending on what suits best
    Native pony addict!

My ds mane was a bit thin on the bottom and made his neck look weedy so I pulled it to neaten the bottom...he still has a good few inches and his mane does look thicker. Even in showing(not that your bothered you mentioned) most ds are trimmed and pulled anyway
    uploaded a before and after...I've also bought some mega-tex mane rebuilder as he had a chunk groomed out of him but hope his mane grows a thinkersthinkers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Megatec is great, i use it all the time my non horsey OH even bought me a bottle for Christmas I use it that much
    Native pony addict!

Thank you xx
    Wanted: lead rein/ first ridden pony wanted for two boys. Age and looks unimportant long term family home offered. Long loan preferred pm me dets