Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Midas chronicles

Lovely boy, look forward to reading your progress
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Had to add this for a giggle......
    midas was fab but I foolishly left my gloves in his stable! Well he certainly enjoyed them lol...until he dropped them over the door and couldn't reach them anymore!
    new gloves for me I think :-S
    lmao
    Attached Images Attached Images

14 April - gayton Thorpe riding club showing show! Second show of the year and a little worried as he was so unsettled at the last show. Weather was dry but wind was up again(always when I get the trailer out). He loads fine so that was no issue and he stood to be chalked etc! At the show he came off the box after we entered and he happily stood in his box munching his came off no worries and didn't like being left tied but pretty good - even had to deal with a tractor passing to pull a lorry out, he had a bit of a wobbly but then just watched it - it distracted him long enough for me to get changed lol!
    he stood lovely in-between classes, we only entered two with two classes between. He even stood better than he has ever done in the ring so hoping we cracked that with the training at home. And woah did he have a trot...he nearly knocked me flying with his enthusiasm lol
    so we came home smiling with a 3rd in condition and 4th in m&m large breeds. Got photos but have to order and buy first then will share with you!

20 April - so Midas had day off after Sunday show which turned into a week, with me only lungeing Thursday - weather was awful gale force winds...should not have stopped me but it did as HATE wind with a passion (well done Sarah for choosing the fens to live!!)
    After work I got Midas in from field, tacked up and had a mini lunge. I then jumped on. Given he hasn't been ridden for a week and he been enjoying spring I half expected a tiny spring of a pony! He was complete opposite....showing me what a grown up he was by trotting round with NO napping or stopping, no going backwards...just forward trotting including a change of rein so I am a very happy mummy

will share a summer turnout pic with you from today for now...would love more riding pics but the oh fell asleep in the sun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

image.jpg
    Nothing much to add, today's photo showing a lovely summer coat coming through....just hope it doesn't bleach as its a lovely colour(hence his name).
    rode yesterday for the first time with horses being ridden in the arena next door. He was a little distracted but his trot work was great with no napping
    today...not so good and not riding, out in the field. Shetlands keep getting into Midas' paddock and he isn't a fan of this as its his paddock not theirs! When owner tried to get a Shetland, Midas got a humpy and started biting the shettie with the non experienced owner getting caught between. Thankfully I came round the corner by chance, helped get them out but Midas barged me charging round the front paddock where there was another escaped shettie(only a yearling). Midas charged about, trying to boss shettie and just would not catch! This is very unlike him as he comes to call everytime! He even swung his backside at me as a warning a few times! Bit of patience saw me through and he caught, despite getting hot and blowy! With time to sit in stable and chill he soon started looking for cuddles. Was planning to ride but he did get very hot and blowing so thought a lovely groom was best....and it was because a torrential spring shower dropped by!
    Hoping all is back to normal tomorrow...I'm just gonna blame spring grass ;-)

Hope he is back to normal today ? x

Back to normal rode him yesterday....so yes he came over to catch no problems but then no shetties escaped into his field so he was happy!
    his trotting really went well yesterday. H is trotting forward and responding to the leg more and even start to stretch his head down so very happy

28 April - showing show. Today was one of those days where I should have stayed in bed....
    i was really looking forward to this show, Midas was looking well and behaving lovely(his ridden work coming on a treat).
    now Midas hates baths but had to clean him, so did that and he was a nightmare but needless to say we got there and when dry he enjoyed a groom before rugging up for the night.
    this morning we get down, not too early as afternoon start.midas is kicking the wall, get him on yard and he kicked the wall a couple times, then nothing. He was an angel to get ready, loaded and travelled fine and sat in box lovely whilst waiting for entries.
    then it went downhill the minute he stepped off, charging around, rearing and kicking out and anything and nothing. He settled if I stayed close, so kept him calm then decided to walk him round and let him graze. He seemed to calm and has been like this before and settled. Waiting for class to start, he happily grazed and occasionally pottered around. When class was called he went in and turned...again shooting off, bucking and kicking out...he couldn't even trot straight it seemed, just crabbing sideways so I called time and decided to go home as he was getting too close to others and I didn't fancy becoming squashed either.
    i did get really upset, not helped by the oh copping the snot at money wasted...not that I care. I was a bit of a bubbling wreck but when loaded I gave him a hug...got him home and he is happy in his stable but now has two cracks up his back feet and I wondering if they're bruised also? Getting him looked at tomorrow. He's happy at home, I've groomed him as still upset and feel as I shouldn't have taken him but he is always a bit daft and soon settles. The oh has sinced apologised for his snot(still giving him the silent treatment though).
    So a very down day today....I suppose to be expected for a four year old but so out of character for him to be like that?

I think I saw you today. Were you at JJ's?

Yeah. I really like that show, we've been before also...apologies if we looked like idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle pop View Post
    Yeah. I really like that show, we've been before also...apologies if we looked like idiots
    You didn't! I only saw you walk past- he looked stunning!