Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Midas chronicles

Ah, so you didn't see him play up. Darn it if he looked good we may have actually stood a chance of being placed in the welsh class today o well....a little cheered up at the fact he looked stunning ;-)

He made me look round! He's very eye catching! Your going to have days like this... He's a welsh after all

Sorry to read your feeling down after today . Hopefully it was just a one off . I don't have knowledge on youngsters so cant offer advice , but sending a hug x ( prob not hugely helpful )

Feeling a little better after some reflection time and a much needed mcflurry. I guess not having a bad day for quite a while had thrown me back a little but hope it was just a bad day and looking forward to a better week. My trainers are in this week so will let them know what happened and seek advice. We're supposed to be tackling his fear of bathing and sprays too :-/
    thanks guys

2 may - gave Midas a few days following Sunday as he just didn't seem himself, even on Monday he was having a go at his field mates as soon as I put him out. Discomfort from kicking walls maybe??
    lunged and ridden today and given how long he has done noticing but eat lush grass...he was an angel. We are now trotting round with rein changes and introducing me rising trot with him, he moves forward from the leg and hasn't napped for ages! We even rode back to the yard through the car park from the arena...big achievement for me when you see the size of the ditch along our car park...ok so car park is huge but you would agree with my reluctance to try heading for a ditch that requires winching out of lol
    redwings are out tomorrow, hoping to look at his fear of water and sprays as its really holding him back
    maybe a little riding also

He sounds awful you really must send him to live with me
    Just kidding! He's coming on well you should be pleased with yourself.

image.jpg
    Today we had a photoshoot...sneek peek

Wow fab photo!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3rd may and its Midas' birthday
    ...so what better birthday present than a session with our horse behaviorists they watched us lungeing and Midas got a little bored, so suggested to add more trot poles when this hapoens....but he went better in the end so jumped on and they're really impressed with his progress! He is now ready to be introduced to circles and changes of rein etc. we're also ready to start taking a contact with circles and just keep working forward
    I also told them about Sundays not so good day...they agreed something had clearly upset him and he wasn't happy about something and to just forget and move on, they're sure he will be better next time
    so moving onto water! They worked with him with spray bottle....he really doesn't like water! He is ok with spray noise but its the water running down him! Lots of small sessions with rest breaks and he did improve! So I got that to work on! They're coming again Tuesday for another horse but they've pretty much said they don't need to see Midas anymore as going so well! I'm chuffed but feel like I've lost a limb, I love having lessons lol!
    We also had a photoshoot a friend is getting into photography and building her portfolio so came along and got some great shots of Midas!
    So here is my sharefest of photos but there's plenty more yet :-D
    a very good day all round!
    Attached Images Attached Images

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Not photoshoot but a little bit from today's training session