Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Umm well yesterday was interesting.... :O

Default Umm well yesterday was interesting.... :O

To put it clearly Harry was a little ****!
    We went to Breckenborough for our first event of the season, arrived early with plenty of time but some how it took me alot longer to walk the XC than I'd expected so was running a little late getting ready for dressage but still had 20 mins to warm up, but could I for the life of me get Harry to settle? Could I heck! We ended up with our worst score of 44, which I thought was fair! He was tense and behind my leg the whole test and just would not go forward and soften whatsoever.
    Then onto the show jumping, he was like a little kid who had eaten too many smarties! Typical he finds all his energy now haha! Anyway I rode like a total numpty, had the first fence down which was total rider error then got to fence 9 thinking 'thank god thats over with' then realised I'd missed the last fence so had to circle and jump the last and had that one down too which was rider error again, so very annoyed with myself there
    In the cross country I felt like I was riding a ticking time bomb, the slightest touch with my leg and we were gone! I had no control at all! Had a stop at the skinny which was a stride after the sunken road which he just threw himself down and back up again not giving himself chance to actually get a stride in between the step up and the skinny! the rest of the course when nicely, well as nicely as it can with me stood up in my stirrups trying my best to not jump a nicely upto height brick wall at flat out gallop Got the the water jump which was a nice big step down into it, I wasn't worried about it as he usually just pops down trots through the water and jumps out, well not today! Harry decided he was super man and literally threw himself of the end, and onto his head... que both me and Harry ending up fully submerged under the water Neither of us were hurt, everyone came running over and I just couldn't stop laughing at him!
    So I think Harry rather enjoyed himself and after it all I still think he's the best horse in the world, we just need a new bit me thinks!

I'll post pics later when I get round to buying them, I was a bit soggy to hang around at the photographers stand afterwards!

Ohhhh sounds eventful! Seems he was happy to be out and about!!

Good you found the humourous side though
    Native pony addict!

Oh gosh my horse has gone nuts recently too! I wonder if it's the change in weather?!
    Well done and look forward to pics. I'm sure he'll be fine next time.

Blimey that sounds eventful to say the least!!! Glad you got back safely in the end if a little wet. Star is full of it at the mo, we've even had a few excitable bucks if I let him have a blast!! That's most unlike him. I think it must be because spring is finally here. Can't wait for pics.

I'm sure all the fence judges must have thought I had lost the plot, I was laughing at him the whole way round like a mad woman! I'm just happy he's enjoying himself and he's feeling well after the terrible end to last season we had with his injuries ect!

Oh dear - sounds like he was a bit excited to be back out eventing again Glad you're both still in one piece after all that!

I hope the photographer got your ducking on camera - it would almost make it worth it for you

PMSL!!! Shame you both got a dunking but glad you can see the funny side of it

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

sounds a bit fresh!! Bit rubbish having an unscheduled swim but glad you saw the funny side!

Sounds full of adventure.... I have to say after I went schooling there in March, even though I had a great day, I didn't get good feeling from it for the event... I was going to enter, but changed to Eden Valley instead! I had wondered what had happened to you when I saw you on the results!

Are you doing Northallerton?

Oh no lt must have been a day for horses to treat and 1 stride combination as a bounce as my friend's horse did the same thing. Crazy animals!