Thread: What a difference two weeks makes (videos)

Default What a difference two weeks makes (videos)

So, a fortnight ago I posted this video of Wilby jumping:

After that he had six easy days (I was away on placement, so SuperMum hacked him a couple of times) and then a fairly easy week this week of hacking and flatwork, as I was on dairy placement and barely had the time/energy to ride

Then on Sunday we hired an arena with SJs (Speetley EC, if anyone local is interested - the surface is absolutely amazing there The main arena is bigger with steps, water etc. but they're redoing it atm!). And he was so so so much better, despite the near gale force winds! Had a couple of dodgy jumps, mainly due to striding being not quite right for his canter, or, as you will see in the vid, me letting him jump to the side over one fence. Nothing big as it's only his second time jumping since January, and with all of our past issues I don't want to push him too much yet. However, we had no stops - or even backing off () - spent a bit of time over the water tray at the end, did the fillers etc, so very pleased with him - good WilbyPony!

Couple of pics/stills:

(oops honest pony to go on that stride!)

Wilby now has seven/eight easy weeks as I am at uni again - but we have high(ish ) hopes for this summer!

It looks like you've put about a years work between those two videos!

So so much better in the second vid, well done.

Soooooo much better

bit sad you cant use the phrase turboyak !

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

wow what an improvement!!!!!!!

Thanks all! Still got a massive grin on my face He was just so much more rideable and listening to me - for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Soooooo much better

bit sad you cant use the phrase turboyak !
    I'm sure TurboYak will resume business next winter when the yak-coat regrows and the bad behaviour restarts! Yakkish behaviour seems to be directly correlated to fur density