Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eland Lodge Horse Trials report!! *PHOTOS*

Default Eland Lodge Horse Trials report!! *PHOTOS*

So my Mother, Bobby and I left for Derbyshire at 7am on Sunday to compete at Eland Lodge to do the BE100. It was gale force winds that day with patches of rain so unfortunately we weren't blessed with the best of weather.

The dressage warmup was terrible; sticky mud and over-crowded so I spent most of it in walk. So once we were ushered down to our very windy arena, my silly pony was in no mood to listen or behave. I spent the whole of his test holding his head down, secretly begging him not to explode so along with the bad ground, the test felt awful. I think the judge was being very forgiving that day because she was very nice to us and awarded us a 33 including three 8's

He was a d*ck in the SJ to be honest, fine in the warmup but hard work in the actual arena. I don't know how many times he has to see the judges box before he stops refusing to go past it. Anyway luckily he only had one down, but he deserved to have the whole flippin' lot down!

So with the ground conditions, no winning dressage score and one down in the SJ, I once again decided to take him slowly around the XC. It was a lovely course, the designer had made a real effort with the fences and there was a really nice track through some woodland. I'm happy to say that he was super over everything so all was forgiven for the SJ!

Thanks for reading

Oh the 2nd last pic confused me, I thought you were jumping into a car

Lovely pics, shame about the weather and ground conditions though!

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

Jeez! they are HUGEEEE!!!!

Well done!
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Well done you . Great set of pics too x

God I don't envy you atm! The weather jeeebs!

Always forgive dressage and sj if xc is good lol!

Where you off to next?

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Bridge pic is fab!! Slightly confused though, is your hat not fixed peak?

Who cares about the dressage and SJ anyway? It's all about the XC (Btw. I would be very pleased with a 33 dressage and just the one down )
    He looks like he's really filling out now! Is he 7 this year?

Brilliant pics. I love your jumping face..... I wouldn't mess with ya Seriouly though, those jumps are huge and if he's only 6 I think you've done blooming well in bad conditions!!

Funny I was thinking the same as Sarah coming back to this thread (re him filling out )

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    God I don't envy you atm! The weather jeeebs!

Always forgive dressage and sj if xc is good lol!

Where you off to next?
    Kelsall Hill on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine-x View Post
    Bridge pic is fab!! Slightly confused though, is your hat not fixed peak?
    Hats off to you for noticing (excuse the pun!) because none of the Stewards did! I got changed for my XC staight after SJ and forgot to change my hat. My event in March I didn't put on my Medical armband and none of them noticed. I'm very forgetful.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahandbronson View Post
    Who cares about the dressage and SJ anyway? It's all about the XC (Btw. I would be very pleased with a 33 dressage and just the one down )
    He looks like he's really filling out now! Is he 7 this year?
    Yep, he was 7 in March! I have a feeling he's going to have a big growth spurt this year.