Thread: Fun Ride last Sunday

Default Fun Ride last Sunday

Well this report is desperately short of supporting evidence as taking photos just wasn't possible which will be apparent later.

The day started at about 7 sh when I woke up after going to bed at 2am having celebrated OH's birthday with a dinner party. I was pleased to see some blue skies for a change and got Belle in to dry off while I scraped some mud off my tack. Sian (our local riding friend turned up as she had arranged to borrow the lovey Tess), we had a chat and suddenly time was rushing away.

Tiff arrived and we hosed Hattie's legs and tail white again and got tacked up. Belle was chilled and Hattie was optimistic that we were going hunting

Arrived and immediately met the girl I had agreed could tag along with us as she didn't have a friend to ride with. Her name was Chloe and her horse was Cherry (tb x arab but not pretty). Tiff kindly booked us in, we got our numbers and off we set. First jumps were right at the start, but they were small so Belle and I did all of them , Tiff wasn't quite ready for that which was a shame as they were just the right size. We then crossed into the park and belle knew where she was Chloe flew away infront (we later found out that she was 15...so not surprised and can't blame her), Belle did her usual "if you are not going to let me gallop then I will have to run sideways" eventually we found forward and set off at a fast canter to catch up, but to fast for me to do the jumps. At the drop Tiff made Hattie go down which was great, Belle was in totally idiot mode so we skipped this too and the log jumps as we now had a 4 th member of out group and his horse refused a couple of times. 4th Member was Charles on Troy (a hunting chap and good company). As we were leaving the park Chloe flew over a fence and I went to go round and realised that a quite large fence with tyres that we had done before was there so we popped over that and then jumped another down hill one out of the wood.

The route was totally different and I knew at this point there would be no amazing valley gallop and worse still we were going to walk down a favourite gallop which is just wrong!!!

Off into a local wood after crossing the road which had stewards helping, and Belle had her first real melt down, she just couldn't cope with something and pushed me into the hedge champing ang moving sideways, I was so embarassed of her. We eventually got passed some riders infront and cantered all the way up the verge and sometimes on the stony track until we were at the top of the hill - this is a long way and I did think that Hattie somewhere behind must be struggling but Belle just needed to go. We then turned off our normal hacking and ended up in a field where they had arranged some jumps, I now remember that this field is called Horsedown farm! glad I didn't think of that at the time Tiff and hattie did two jumps really well, Chloe giving Tiff a lead over the second one. Charlie on Troy was having a problem with a jump of a slight down hill slope, it was bigger than my comfort zone but I knew Belle would do it so we gave him a lead , Belle rapped it hard but jumped nicely and Troy followed.

We then walked through some woods and I guessed we were heading for the bottom of our favourite gallop.

I finally had a moment to take a couple of photos, but the one of Tiff didn't come out.

We arrived at the bend of our favourite gallop and Belle had another melt down and nearly spun me into the trees, she is such a twit. eventually got going forwards and just let her go, I did glance to the right and notced lots of new jumps but they were big bush jumps and you'd have to have a quite fresh horse to jump them going uphill. Belle caught up and overtook Chloe which was something as we were right at the back

The rest of the ride was fine except for crossing the road back as the steward was just sitting in her car! and we were on a blind corner with bicycles flying passed in flocks - I said as we walked passed that that is a very dangerous blind bend and she just agreed with me! If Belle hadn't been in the mood for standing around I would have explained further.

Last stretch home and we had a lovely long canter, another brief melt down from Belle on the walk along a headland and then back to the start where there were 4 small jumps, we missed the first and jumped the rest. Hattie was very naughty and wanted to be with Belle but said it was quicker to not jump

Uneventful hack home only marred by all the lorries on the track as there was no parking available, with a bouncy stroppy Belle it was tricky to not step on the crop when we had a gap of about 2 feet to walk on and various horses around the lorries.

Back at home, minus a hoof boot (67 for a new one ) and very tired.

[/
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Mixed bag really! The photos are beautiful though, I really love the one of you and Belle.

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    Mixed bag really! The photos are beautiful though, I really love the one of you and Belle.
    Yes it was, but overal still glad we went, it was a good experience.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Can't wait to go to our first fun ride

Photos are fab
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Fantastic photos and Belle looks totally stunning in the second pic, love her :-) shame she was a bit silly but that's tb's for you lol.

I agree lovely pictures and despite some silliness a good day x