Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eventing Diary 2013

Default Eventing Diary 2013

Ok so instead of clogging the Eventing section, I thought I'd start a diary sort of thread to report my Events!

So far we've had...

Somerford Park BE100 - 34 dressage, double clear.

Eland Lodge BE100- 33 dressage, 4 faults SJ, clear XC.

Kelsall Hill BE100 - 36.5 dressage, double clear. 10th

Today - 27-4-13 Northallerton BE100

I've never been to Northallerton before, but a lovely place!

Dressage he was 10 times better, I tried to ride him more up in the contact and get his hind legs working properly. He went beautifully but silly me went wrong in this test that I've done hundreds of times! We were still given a fab score of 32 though, well it was 30 really + 2 penalties for going wrong heh

SJ was better too, much less spooky and I had a horrendous miss at one of the fences, so I owe him one for getting us out of that mess! Superstar went clear.

He was a delight to ride XC again and I let him open his stride a bit more, I didn't realise how much he eats up the ground and so was 25 secs under optimum time, although just missed getting time faults for going too fast!

So finishing on a score of 32, my fantastic little pony came 4th out of about 40 runners and won a 40 Neue Scule voucher. He's such a dude.

Sorry for overload!!

Northallerton Videos finally uploaded!

Dressage

SJ

XC

Wow that is an awesome placing, absolutely fantastic, well done to the both of you :-D he really is mahooosive isn't he!!

Fabulous, hope you both have a good season

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    Wow that is an awesome placing, absolutely fantastic, well done to the both of you :-D he really is mahooosive isn't he!!
    Yes he's a bit of a heffer! Hard to make him look elegant in the dressage

I do likes him lots!!

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Well I think, and obviously the judge agrees, that you do a very good job of making him look elegant :-). Have to ask....the movement in canter when you relax the contact on only your inside rein.....what movement is that? I don't have a clue what the BE dressage tests are so was just wondering as I've never seen it before.
    Wanted to add your show jumping round was fab, very flowing. The girl on the spotty before you, wowee she really patted her horse hard lol, it echoed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    Well I think, and obviously the judge agrees, that you do a very good job of making him look elegant :-). Have to ask....the movement in canter when you relax the contact on only your inside rein.....what movement is that? I don't have a clue what the BE dressage tests are so was just wondering as I've never seen it before.
    Wanted to add your show jumping round was fab, very flowing. The girl on the spotty before you, wowee she really patted her horse hard lol, it echoed lol.
    Aw thankyou, he does try his best to be fancy!
    I'll look on the test to see what it says...

4. Between M & C Working Canter Left
    5. C Circle Left 20 Metres Diameter. Give and Retake the Inside Rein over X (3-5 Strides)

It was only introduced a couple of years ago, curse whoever came up with it!

Haha I know I did laugh when I watched the video for the first time, couldn't tell if she was patting or smacking it!

Check horse is balanced and into your outside rein on the turn...... Think personally a proper give and retake is a better test. But then these eventers aren't spose to be able to do poncing lol

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Check horse is balanced and into your outside rein on the turn...... Think personally a proper give and retake is a better test. But then these eventers aren't spose to be able to do poncing lol
    There is a 1* test that have a proper give and retake in trot, think I'd prefer that!! Our canter circles most definitely aren't balanced on the outside rein!