Thread: Northallerton Eventing Report :)

Default Northallerton Eventing Report :)

Harry was a different horse from our last event (No, we didn't end up in the water this time!)
    He went beautifully in the dressage, he was so relaxed and willing in the warm up. It was such a transformation from just 2 weeks ago at our last event I felt that he did one of his best tests but unfortunately we scored 35 which I was really disappointed with, I've not got my test back yet as they are posting it so it will be interesting to see what the judges say.

We didnt get the best warm up to the SJ as a pony kept refusing every fence so they kept messing with all the fences meaning we got to jump about 5 times in total before we actually had to go in! Harry was a total star despite this though, I over rode him to fence 5 which had scary fillers in (which scared me more than him!) and he did a massive jump which unbalanced me abit so I didn't ride the best line to fence 6 which was a double to I just gave him my reins and kicked and he flew over them in true Harbio style and looked after his numpty rider and finished clear
    He wasn't even remotely strong so I think I've got my old boy back and I don't need to bother faffing to try and find him a new bit.

I was so excited for the XC, there was nothing over complicated or huge and it was pretty much in a loop so I couldnt get lost! He was a perfect gent the whole way round, waiting for me to tell him to go and coming back to me the instant I asked. Unfortunately I didn't ride him enough and we ended up with 10 time faults, which was 100% my doing and I was a bit apprehensive after the whole no brakes running at solid fences at flat out gallop situation that we had last time but now my faith is restored in him I will feel more comfortable to actually let him go at our next event.

So we finished on a score of 45, we would have been in the top 10 if it wasn't for those blasted time faults!

Pro Pictures:

Photos: Matt Nuttall

Quote Originally Posted by NatandShell View Post
    ...meaning we got to jump about 5 times in total before we actually had to go in!
    Haha! I'm the opposite. I just jumped the X twice and the oxer twice (once with front as a cross and second time with a square front pole, well maybe one hole lower than the back!)

Glad to hear it was a much better outing for you! Where are you next?

Glad he is back to himself and you had a good time

Fantastic pics!

Well done, a double clear is fantastic!

When's your next one?

I think I'm either at Richmond or Bishop Burton next. I prefer Richmond but my friend is going to Bishop so we can share transport costs....

Fabulous,hope you both have a really good season

Great Photo's!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyBeautifulFriend View Post
    Great Photo's!!
    Thank you