Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farm photos ..

So cute! Clearly standing in your hay is a good game.

Lovely pics , I do love lambs x

Lovely pics! Are you all finished with lambs now?

OH sold the heifers he had in calf this year, hope he keeps them next time round as would really love to see calves being born, bet its quite a difference to lambs.

Has everything else been ok after the harsh weather?

Hoilday cottage in Teesdale- www.thecote.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly-lu View Post
    Lovely pics! Are you all finished with lambs now?

OH sold the heifers he had in calf this year, hope he keeps them next time round as would really love to see calves being born, bet its quite a difference to lambs.

Has everything else been ok after the harsh weather?
    We are down to last 150 or so to lamb now, so the end is in sight
    Our calvings been dire this year as we had a bull on loan, who hasn't worked so we have about 6 calves ( & some simmental cross calves out if heifers bought in calf) so far and rest of cows don't look like calving until June at least!
    Weather was crap , lots of rain no grass , bit like everywhere else though I think. Have ended up with lots of pet lambs but things are gettin better now and the grass is finally growing!
    How did your lambing go? You fed up of sheep yet? :P

Please tell me that the lambs with little horns are not day olds - that would hurt on the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    Please tell me that the lambs with little horns are not day olds - that would hurt on the way out!
    Yep born with horns, should see the lamb that was born this morning his horns are huge!! Felt sorry for his poor mum!

Quote Originally Posted by hollyxx View Post
    Yep born with horns, should see the lamb that was born this morning his horns are huge!! Felt sorry for his poor mum!
    Oh no l feel sorry enough for cheviot mums with their big headed lambs but those are a whole other kettle of painful fish...

Forgot to reply to this! We were all finished the first week in May I think. Nice that its all over with, but definitely looking forward to next year.

We've sadly had a few losses due to infection through having them in for so long. We were having days of bringing back over month old dead lambs from the fields when doing the rounds which is frustrating. We had to have the whole lot back through last weekend to dose for coccidiosis after tests back from the vet. I think we had the most scanned this year then ever but are already down 50 from last years total

Fingers crossed that's the end of it though as everything seems to be ok since. *touched wood*

Hoilday cottage in Teesdale- www.thecote.co.uk