Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floors Castle ODE Report

Brillaint, loved the vids and pics

Very well done looks a lovely venue

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Lovely jump out over the first!

Well done!

Thanks for all the well-done's! I am really pleased with Thomas, and he gave me such a lovely XC ride, took it foot perfect, though he was very spooky at things along the way...like people!

Had a small issue on Sunday - Thomas was laying down in the stable at lunchtime, but then when he stood up I noticed he was pointing his foot. I thought, joy, abscess! But I felt all the hoof and no heat, and then i noticed a small puffiness just above the fetlock. Not much heat in it, but turned him out. Brought him in for feed later and hosed for 10 minutes. Didn't really change. Trotted up on hard and soft completely sound, and in walk. Took him on a walk/trot in the field on Monday, fine. But this other 5pence piece bobble appear on the outside of the fetlock, spongey to press. Tiny - you could see it from the front, only when you look down from the knee. Hosed, iced and vibro booted. No change. Still sound. Same on Tuesday. Wednesday, rode same again, still no difference - maybe slightly less puffiness, no bobble until after riding. Called vets for advice, assured it sounded like nothing but they came out this morning... Guess what it is... Nothing! Better safe than sorry. Vet thinks it is a very small amount of fluid, probably from the hard ground the other week at Burgham... Got a couple of sachets of bute and to exercise him as usual.