Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my baby Mouselet is growing up!

When they react like that it really makes all the hardwork you've put in to lead up to this point well worth it doesn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by lil_legs View Post
    When they react like that it really makes all the hardwork you've put in to lead up to this point well worth it doesn't it!
    Thats what I've thought, I'm glad I've spent my time with Alfie and as I result it looks like him and Mouse have both been as good as each other

I bet you're so chuffed with him!
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.

YAY! Fab update! Go lil Mouse

Woohoo! Clever mouse pony!

Thanks everyone I can't believe I almost cried watching him, I must be softer than I realised lol! I'm glad I got a youngster as my first pony cos it's just so rewarding watching him learn and grow. I can't wait to get on board.

He's great!

I'm still grinning like an idiot when I think about it from sitting on Alfie nearly 2 weeks ago
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.

Little update - today I rode him myself for the first time

I'd spent the afternoon hacking out the New Forests and Mouse was looking miserable and neglected, so I brought him in from the field for some quality time. My boss's mum got home and had a bit of time before work, so I asked if she could help me put his harness on and check the fit. ((It was a Christmas present, but he hadn't worn it yet as it's been such a long disgusting winter and I didn't want to put it on him when he was filthy )) It fits fine - just needs a couple of holes added to the girth and maybe the crupper too - and oh my goodness he looks adorable in blinkers

Anyway then Penny said, while I'm here do you want to have a sit on him and I'll lead you... well it wasn't planned, but I had my hat there and a clean pony, so yeah why not : I decided to do it bareback, as he needs a shorter girth and I didn't want the saddle to move around, so got a box to step up onto and slithered on (which was easy enough cos he's so narrow). I stayed cool on the outside, but inside I was like this I have been waiting for this moment for almost 2 years!

We walked a couple of circles but he's still footy on the gravel in the front yard so Penny led us straight out onto the road, tarmac he can do! We went a few hundred metres or so and then turned back, passed the gate and went up in the other direction a bit. Penny kept the leadrope loose and left me to steer as much as possible, and we practised some stop-starts as well. No problems there. We were also passed by 3 cars without issue (2 approaching and 1 from behind) - though he is used to meeting traffic with someone leading him so no reason he shouldn't have been fine, but you never know. Then we went back to the gate, Penny unclipped the leadrope and I rode him back in on my own.

Mouselet was so chilled out he was almost horizontal! My little superstar Unfortunately no photos cos it was unplanned and my camera wasn't charged up (boo hiss!) but I will just have to get double next time!

Wow! Go Mouselet!

love it!! well done Mouse pony onwards and upwards!!

If it looks and moves like a cob.. It's a warmblood!!