Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to 'Trec' and my report from the Open Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    York's a good couple of hours away, would be doable for the odd trip but not for training or regular meetings. I did email the local BHS ages ago but got no reply about it.

There are emails I think for all the separate areas on the website somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    Well, its all about versatility so generally you start off being good at one thing ... and then the nature of Trec seems to be that all the rest grows on you!!

I was useless at COP when I started, 0's across the board, plenty of times ... and thats the second full score I've gotten for our canter ... I feel like we have it down now.
    I'm quite excited about our walk aswell, I used to get 0 because it wasn't fast enough ... then we went through a phase of sometimes getting low marks (6, 8 etc) but it was inconsistant, and more often then not, we would have a break, or ... in Donegal... she seemed to think the cones were for WEAVING!

This was our first good walk, a time of 63secs ... and the break was literally just because of the ground, she didn't try to run, it was just her natural inclination. She also finished out the rest lovely. So hope for the next time.

Led obstacles are still hit and miss, because I can't be arsed to practice them... but just doing them in competition, we have gotten better everytime.

Trec really makes Mocha think, and she listens so much more. Its improved EVERY aspect of our riding... even though I still wouldn't do a good dressage test, I use alot more tools now, position, seat aids, even BREATHING!!

I don't think I rode very well over the weekend (very tired, long week, lots of stuff on and my last 3 consecutive 12hrs shifts ending the day before) but Mocha was in good form and we put in the prep walking the course the second time, just about killed me!
    What appeals is many of the techniques could be practised hacking I guess. He gets bored very easily and needs plenty of stimulation to keep his brain occupied. He is so lazy in the school (despite him being relatively well schooled!) as I did spend a period battling it out but he really doesn't enjoy it.
    Can you just turn up to comps and enter. Obv I'd try to look for some training days.

Well done, guys! Such an achievement, you have definitely found your niche!

I'd love to do this! Can you do it as a pairs? Like the entire comp?
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Well done! And thanks for such an informative thread! I'm another one who'd love to have a to, but can't find anywhere near enough

Quote Originally Posted by TurnBackTime View Post
    I'd love to do this! Can you do it as a pairs? Like the entire comp?
    Not in formal competition, though have seen people do it as pairs at unaffliated/training comps

If you are riding as a pair, then you are usually scheduled one after the other... in Donegal the next rider behind me was right on my tail (having been let go 3mins after, and going faster through the first obstacles)

You could be penalised if you were seen to be waiting on your pair, but in the instance where the second person out was naturally faster, I don't see how they could The second person would have to wait until the first was clear of the obstacles, or pass them out and get to one first.

Not advocating it, just saying

They are some obstacles where it would not be in your favour however... dismounted immobility etc

You are not allowed to cross your tracks, circle, or hesitate before an obstacle, anywhere on course - there are massive penalties for the first 2.

Quote Originally Posted by racingstripes View Post
    Can you just turn up to comps and enter. Obv I'd try to look for some training days.
    Trec here is actually one of the few events that is pre-entry ... because numbers can be low (not that popular yet, but gaining hugely!) and because its such a labour intensive sport to run (you need lots of stewards/helpers/judges)

No point organising all the help if only 5 people turn up.

Not sure what the situation would be in the UK.

******! LOL! Cher would do it following trigger literally right on his tail! She would only need to do it once as once she has seen the obstacles she will be fine
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]