Thread: Area horse trials report :)

Default Area horse trials report :)

We headed off to Poplar park yesterday for the ODE- this is our first one in about 2 years... As many of you know Rio has napping and space 'issues' so wasnt 100% sure how he was going to react.

Posted a 27 dressage- was expecting around 30, he is mainly a dressage horse so at least he can do one bit well I say that, I think yesterday proved he can event after all!!)

Clear showjumping- as a combination we are a bit wussy about fillers so usually end up getting eliminated. however, poplar was nice and only had little ladder fillers and planks so he flew round. When i'm not being a wuss he's much braver, so thats me told!

Onto the XC- on paper its not brilliant, but for Rio, it is fantastic!

Out the start box, 2 strides we get 2 HUGE bucks, followed by a spin and more bucks. I was so determined to get round, we popped the first fence from trot, cantered up the path with him trying to turn around, popped 2 well enough. Was very sticky over 3, a step up to a little palisade. Cantered happily up to 4 the ducked out the side, little ******! Turned round and popped it nicely. 5 and 6 were a little sticky, but we made it. As soon as he landed from 6 he was off. It felt fantastic and he ate up the rest of the course like he'd been doing it for years.

So ended on 20 pens and 16 time, but without the sticky start and the stop we would have been inside the time. I'm not totally sure were we placed, but we were 6th when I left with 3/4 more scores to come.

I can't wait to go again and have entered Mattingly unaff with the idea of stepping up a level at Borde Hill...

Lots of pictures...

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

Quote Originally Posted by CambridgeParamour View Post

Lovely to see!

Well done - lovely pics!!!

I'll be seeing you at Borde Hill I hope

Wow...he looks well
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

Nottingham (Uni)/Llandrindod Wells (Home)

Never realised how tiny you are on him before! He looks super, love the one of you grinning coming towards the camera!

I thought I replied to this!!

Looking goooood! Well done
    Native pony addict!

He looks fab and sounds like you had a good day, may not have been perfect for some but so long as you were chuffed that's all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    Well done - lovely pics!!!

I'll be seeing you at Borde Hill I hope
    Thank you! And yay Would love to meet you and super Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by StormyJ View Post
    Never realised how tiny you are on him before! He looks super, love the one of you grinning coming towards the camera!
    Hehe i'm 5'2 and his almost 17hands. I think he's bulked up a lot this year so I look even smaller!

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    He looks fab and sounds like you had a good day, may not have been perfect for some but so long as you were chuffed that's all that matters
    Thank you Was very happy, hopefully next time we wont have a stop! ha ha

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."