Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travelling without leg wraps

Usher travels without boots, he always did with his previous owners so I kept it the same.

Doey was a nightmare in her boots, she couldn't walk at all or get her balance in them, the first time we travelled her in them she almost fell over. Next time we left them off and she was much better.

Usher is a bit of a fairy about his legs, doesn't like things tickling or messing with them, I can imagine boots aggravating him more than they would help and him trying to get them off mid journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Doeylicious View Post
    Usher travels without boots, he always did with his previous owners so I kept it the same.

Doey was a nightmare in her boots, she couldn't walk at all or get her balance in them, the first time we travelled her in them she almost fell over. Next time we left them off and she was much better.

Usher is a bit of a fairy about his legs, doesn't like things tickling or messing with them, I can imagine boots aggravating him more than they would help and him trying to get them off mid journey.
    My mums cob is the same and he can't wear travels boots. He doesn't even like you brushing them but oddly enough doesn't mind them being washed lol. He has to be very heavily sedated to clip them.

I put him in bandages because I knew if I didn't and something happened i'd never have forgiven myself, he travelled fine

I much prefer bandages to boots, Legend would always stomp about and kick out in boots but he is fine in bandages

I'm glad all went well on the journey . I can't use travel boots on Matrix because he kicks out with them on and I have never found any that stay in place and don't slip down his teeny little legs. He travels in either thermatex leg wraps or sports boots and overreach boots instead. Rocky always has travel boots on as he doesn't mind them at all, and I wouldn't forgive myself if the one time I didn't put them on, something happened.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

I have a pair of Amigo travel boots that I bought when we first got Jimmy and they're fab. They don't move if put on properly and they really do give me peace of mind. But then I've always had horses with delicate little legs and a tendency to damage them.

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011

I always travel him in boots, if its super hot I'll put on his XC boots which are ventilated and O/R boots, better safe than sorry!

I do not wrap my horses legs for travel, on the advice of my vet, my farrier, and a former race horse owner.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudandmatrix View Post
    I'm glad all went well on the journey . I can't use travel boots on Matrix because he kicks out with them on and I have never found any that stay in place and don't slip down his teeny little legs.
    I have the same problem with Midas, I can put front ones on and they're not a problem, but back ones he just doesn't tolerate.
    I'm a bit old fashioned and prefer bandaging his legs. I am more confident of a secure fit than I am with boots. But I think bandaging you have to be competent and well practised to do it safely - I train and assess level 2s so pretty much bandage every day lol so comes easy to me Midas travels great So could get away with nothing but it makes me feel a little less anxious on the journey.
    Midas didn't used to tolerate bandages either and used to just kick walls constantly so hasty travel in brushing boots for a while but soon built him up

Lol I've just realised how old the OP is.......

You are such a brave guy
    Free download Magento and create your ecommerce website