Thread: Proud mum (human and horsey) 2

Default Proud mum (human and horsey) 2

Well we have been at Hartpury College this weekend for the RDA National Championships. Our 230 mile journey to Gloucestershire started 1.5 hours later than planned due to an unrelated vet visit, and I was towing my trailer with the kit in, there was a 4 horse lorry (with 4 in) and the Instructors car towing her trailer with the two smallest ponies in.

45 miles into to the journey the instructors care developed a fault so we ended up stopping at Ferry Bridge services. It was lovely and warm in the truck part of Ferry bridge services, and after an hour of waiting for a replacement tow car to be sorted, we had a swap round which left me towing the trailer with the ponies so we could get back on the road. Having left the yard at 11:30 we arrived in Hartpury at 8:30 and the kit trailer arrived at 9:30!

My daughter wasn't competing until 3pm, but my friends son was in the Dressage arena at 9am and it was 20 degrees at that stage! By the time my Katie got into the ring it was just shy of 30 degrees!!!! The organisers had stated Jackets did not need to be worn very early in the weekend for obvious reasons.

I was very happy with Katie, as although it was very hot and the pony she was on is 22 and can be reluctant she still managed to be placed 4th in the junior section of her dressage class, and 5th in her combined training (dressage and countryside challenge combined class), 5th in the Junior tack and turn out for the day and got a 100% (and a distinction) in her horse care and knowledge test!

The results are on this website: http://www.rda.org.uk/assets/Saturda...-2013-copy.pdf and my daughter Kathryn in in classes 22, 25, 28, and 36.

PIccies:

PTP_3248.jpg

Brilliant! Worth the journey, well done Katie
    Native pony addict!

Well done to you all
    Lovely pic of your daughter
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

Great result, well done to everyone involved

Well done!