Thread: Brils first long hack since his time off...with pics!

Default Brils first long hack since his time off...with pics!

We went on our own over to Port Meadow, open access common land which is a few miles away. You have to cut across the top of Oxford to get there, but luckily it mainly involves residential roads whilst crossing a few bus routes rather than much time on busy roads. We ended up out for about 1hr 45mins, we took it fairly steady with only 2 longish canters and a bit of trot on the roads mostly.It's probably about 8 miles or so in total.

Bril was an absolute poppet-he's never been across that side of town before or onto the meadow, but he is a gem hacking out and goes where you ask without question We met loads of cyclists and jogger (it's oxford), lots of small children, plus rowers, cows, buses, crossed a wobbly rattly bridge over a train line and crossed over a canal, and then met a fire engine pumping water from the river. We went splish splashing in a different river too I'd be lying if I said he didn't care about any of those things, but was polite and well behaved and tried his best to be brave

Train bridge

Port Meadow itself

The fire engine with some lovely firemen

Nearly home- our local hacking is well overgrown

And being cute in the field

Also he has decided that rolling on the way to his turnout field provides additional eating oppurtunities...

Looks ace and omg at the cows, Pea would have had a heart attack

Lovely pics. That field looks ace,

Nice open spaces, looks like a lovely hack.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Great pics and a hack you appreciated every moment of I suspect. He's such a lovely boy, I'm so glad he's come good x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk