Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not keen on hacking alone...

Default I'm not keen on hacking alone...

but yesterday Hattie and I decided to go out and other than putting a drink in my pocket I had no real plans as to where to go - we ended up travelling cool green lanes and roads and a rather hot arid hill top and 16 miles! and were out for 3 and 3/4 hours.

I took my camera for company.

First chance for a photo off the busy road (Hattie and I can see a canter on the books)

beautiful scabious wild flowers everywhere

First obstacle, some very badly designed gates - you cannot turn around in the corridor

but Hattie said that was OK for a quick snack

Cool and shady along the railway line

Up the hill (still not even really sweating)

and some views from the top

Cows in the shade, Hattie kept an ear on them, later we had to go through their field and one decided to try and chase us down the steep hill, so I turned Hattie to chase it away as I did n't want them all joining in chasing me down the track

Home village in sight, it was now gone 2 pm and we were feeling a bit hot and tired

A little video of our hack

Hattie back home and showered.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

As usual I am extremely envious of your hacking! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. Those gates though

She does look lovely I hate hacking alone, I get bored after an hour or so but that looks like a nice ride (bar the gates, what do they expect people to do?!)

Quote Originally Posted by joosie View Post
    As usual I am extremely envious of your hacking! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. Those gates though
    Yes, those gates are so stupid, you have to let go of your horse to close the gate, which is fine if you know the gate infront is definitely closed. Not possible to do them on board unless you are on a very compact pony

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    She does look lovely I hate hacking alone, I get bored after an hour or so but that looks like a nice ride (bar the gates, what do they expect people to do?!)
    That is exactly why I don't like hacking alone...no-one to chat and share it with, having the camera helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Clava View Post
    Yes, those gates are so stupid, you have to let go of your horse to close the gate, which is fine if you know the gate infront is definitely closed. Not possible to do them on board unless you are on a very compact pony
    Would be no good on a claustrophobic pony, I know a lot that wouldn't go in there. Or would charge past as soon as you open the front gate!

Lovely hack
    I really must dust down my brave pants and do more of it
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

I think Alexa has managed to get Tess to turn around in those gates, but it involved a lot of squeezing and a rubbed chest and bottom Tali is claustrophobic but will go in them, they are airy enough to not be too bad. Just pants to actually open and shut!

Eeek at the cows - there's no way Id go faster than a walk down that slope

Quote Originally Posted by tasha View Post
    I think Alexa has managed to get Tess to turn around in those gates, but it involved a lot of squeezing and a rubbed chest and bottom Tali is claustrophobic but will go in them, they are airy enough to not be too bad. Just pants to actually open and shut!

Eeek at the cows - there's no way Id go faster than a walk down that slope
    the funny thing about the calf chasing us is that I waved my crop at it to scare it away and that spooked hattie so she cantered down the slope a bit we then turned around and ran at the calf to make sure it didn't get the rest to stamped down at us.

Brown pants moment, methinks!