Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not keen on hacking alone...

My perfect hack if it weren't for the weather.

Omg it's way too hot for me to ride. I popped on Joy bare back this morning so it'd be cooler and we did a 30 mooch round the farm before 10 this morning. I live to hack but thats my limit as I hate this heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    My perfect hack if it weren't for the weather.

Omg it's way too hot for me to ride. I popped on Joy bare back this morning so it'd be cooler and we did a 30 mooch round the farm before 10 this morning. I live to hack but thats my limit as I hate this heat.

But along the railway line it really was cool with a breeze and the narrow leafy roads from the top of the hill to West Meon.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Just need a helicopter to drop us there then!

It was all I could do to pick out her feet, dust off where id sit and bung a bridle on her this morning.

Your hacking looks incredible Clava!! I absolutely love hacking alone and my favourite thing in the world used to be taking Lou out for 4-5 hours just the two of us. We did lots of getting lost and exploring new bridleways, although my parents nearly ended up phoning the police when I went out one evening without my phone and didn't get back until 10pm
    Unfortunately she is now retired so those days are in the past

Looks really lovely! I had a great hack today too, Toby was thrilled to be allowed to canter again (just been my sharer's mum riding him the past while who only trots!), so was lovely to have him so up for it! Also love not having loads of flies, old yard had better hacking but the flies were just awful! Glad you both enjoyed it!

( HR that sucks )

Quote Originally Posted by HashRouge View Post
    Your hacking looks incredible Clava!! I absolutely love hacking alone and my favourite thing in the world used to be taking Lou out for 4-5 hours just the two of us. We did lots of getting lost and exploring new bridleways, although my parents nearly ended up phoning the police when I went out one evening without my phone and didn't get back until 10pm
    Unfortunately she is now retired so those days are in the past
    That's lovely that you and Lou spent that time together
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I love hacking alone, chatter to my pony a lot

Looks lush, rather you than me in the heat though!

Lovely pictures , I'm very envious too - both of your hacking routes and your braveness. My solo hacking as gone awry over the summer but hope to get back on it and build our confidence soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clava View Post
    That's lovely that you and Lou spent that time together
    I know, I've very lucky to have those memories!

Lovely hacking!! Jealous! We don't have bad hacking though and we've just found a nice new route nearby too.

I would bottle it at going through the cow field though. Cows chasing me is not on my list of things to do lol!