Thread: Berrys first Amble Hunt Ride.

Default Berrys first Amble Hunt Ride.

A bit of a i love my pony, i'm so proud of her thread
    The local hunt has recently started it's Amble rides and there was one 10 minutes hack from the yard so a group of us decided to go for a bit of fun.
    I've never taken Berry to anything like this before so didn't know what to expect but my YO wants to do some hunting and I fancy giving it a go so I thought this would be a good tester as to how she behaves.
    I shouldn't have worried as she was a superstar. To start with she got fed up standing around and tried to dig a hole in the concrete so we did lots of walking in circles. Then we were off, they kept it steady as it was really warm but we got some brilliant trots in and a few really great canters. They normally pop a jump and have a gallop at the end up the hill but they are using that field for hay this year so we couldn't, which was a bit disappointing and we only passed one other jump which was about 3ft so we didn't give that a go
    I'm so proud of her, at one point we were just cantering along on buckle end following everyone and she still had loads of energy when we got back so she's fitter than I thought, them fitness hacks me and my friend do are working! (and she's feeling much better now she's fully clipped!)

So me, YO and a friend have decided to go to the one next Tuesday too, we've got to box over to it but it's only 15mins away in the box so it's not too bad.
    Really looking forward too it

Wish there was such a thing here We just have to catch the hound exercising which is easier said than done!

Hopefully they will have done the hay so you can do the gallop next time!!

Intrigued by the bridle and double reins?
    Visit Mico

Quote Originally Posted by Elly Koopman View Post
    Wish there was such a thing here We just have to catch the hound exercising which is easier said than done!

Hopefully they will have done the hay so you can do the gallop next time!!

Intrigued by the bridle and double reins?
    Aww it was great fun. No dogs so it wasn't really crazy or too exciting for the young horses.

It was purely for her confidence. She's always been really funny about the bit and I've always ridden her bitless but now were doing more I want to have her going nicely in a snaffle (in the case of dressage it's a must )
    So I took her in both so that I rode bitless to start and then switched but she didn't bat an eyelid and actually went nicer in the snaffle.
    Going in just the snaffle next Tuesday.

What a poppet, sounds fab

ooh amble rides - just what we need - are these just local to your hunt or do other hunts do something similar???
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rubysmum View Post
    ooh amble rides - just what we need - are these just local to your hunt or do other hunts do something similar???
    Well there's two hunts round us doing them
    Grove & Rufford and then Readyfields. So I don't see why hunts round you won't be doing them just google your local hunt or give them a call.

Where's the one on Tuesday?

Sounds like you had a good time. We were going to come but had other things planned instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobi-Wan Kenobi View Post
    Where's the one on Tuesday?

Sounds like you had a good time. We were going to come but had other things planned instead.
    It goes from Proffesional Equine Services yard at 6. (I think that's the right time ill have to double check)
    Would be good to see you and HIppohead!

Can you inbox me on FB about it. If I'm not ETing, I'll be there!!