Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skipton Horse Trials Report! 'PICS'

Default Skipton Horse Trials Report! 'PICS'

Hello guys, It's been a while since I've done a report as I haven't actually competed since May! Bit the bullet though and entered him straight back in at the Novice at Skipton today.

Had late times so didn't leave until 11:45am. We were about 20 mins into the journey and disaster struck! The wagons breaks failed! Managed to make it into a petrol station and park it up but we had officially broken down. Rang the emergency breakdown service, my friend/groom for the day rang her uncle as he has a trailer and about an hour later the lorry was towed back to my yard and me, friend and her uncle set off again to the horse trials. I'd rung the secretary to inform them I was going to be late and arrived bang on the time that my dressage should have been, but they slotted me in at the end of the section at 3pm. That still only gave us half an hour to get ready and warm up so my super groom got Bobby ready while I sorted myself out. Managed to get a 15 minute warm up which was perfect as although he'd spent an hour stuck in a busy petrol station that morning, he was very chilled and felt lovely. Pretty much did a foot-perfect test and scored an incredible 25! I honestly couldn't believe it, by far our best score at Novice!

continued....

Ran around the course quickly after dressage and it looked okay other than one ridiculously spooky fence which I thought was a bit mean for a Novice as it was huge too and you landed very steeply downhill, a fair few horses got eliminated here. Got on for SJ and he was great, jumped a lot more confident than previously just unluckily knocked the first part of the double.

I don't know why I worry so much about the XC, time and time again he proves to me that he's a little superstar that tries his little heart out at every fence even if he's not sure. Jumped massive over the spooky one, so much that I thought he was going to fall when he landed, but picked himself up and continued like a true professional! Got around clear with 9.6 time, and finished in 4th place!! Never in a million years did I think I'd get placed in a Novice!! So today we earned our first proper BE points

Woohoo sounds like a fantastic day!! Very well done

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

Looks fab and those jumps look huge. Well done

Well done, you must be so pleased! He looks like a really lovely horse

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Really well done, looks like you had a great day!

Fantastic well done.

Wow brilliant, those jumps are huge!

Brilliant, well done!

What a genuine boy you have! Looking forward to future updates
    Native pony addict!

Thanks everyone, he's gone way beyond any expectation I ever had when I got him.

Will post videos when they upload!