Thread: Trickle Net or other small holed nets

Default Trickle Net or other small holed nets

I need to buy some more haynets - they need to be big so that I can fit plenty in, but have tiny holes. I have some shires greedy feeder nets which are great, but they are about 20 a net now, and as trickle nets are 30 I wondered if they would be better...? Has anyone used them and are they worth the money? Or any other recommendations.

I have a tricklenet for night time as its quite big and a small elimanet for during the day when stella is in.

The tricklenet has been worth the money so far and the elimanet hold enough to keep her through the day even though its much much smaller

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

I suggested buying a trickle net for my fav. when she was on box rest. I had read reviews on a nother horsey forum.
    And the yard said they were going to use 2 of their normal nets, one inside the other.
    I cant comment on any comparison.

I use the trickle nets. I really rate them. I brought three (one each) and they have so far lasted 18 months (one is a net chewer) and I've not had one hole to repair. For me they are both value for money (I was spending a fortune in small hole nets and double/triple netting as they kept chewing holes in them) and effective at slowing them down and making sure they have hay all night.

I've heard very good reviews about the trickle nets. If I used nets I'd definitely be giving them a try.

Bad reviews for the eliminet ones, mostly that the only last 5 mins.

I couldn't spend that much on one net. I just put two small holed ones inside each other and it does a great job on greedy Billy.
    "Though he be but little he is fierce"

I've got an eliminet for Candy, I don't know if she's an exception, but she still gets through it pretty quick. When its filled, they can also pull hay straight out the top as the holes are quite big there.

Hoilday cottage in Teesdale- www.thecote.co.uk

The fat spotty has a trickle net, it's still in one piece, no damage at all and is probably 2 years old, slows down her monumental hay hoovering techniques ( at least a bit) and I suspect has paid for itself many times over already
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

Oh now this is interesting, I might have to invest in one of these for Daegan who is just a greedy piggy.