Thread: Wolseley Skylark Trimmer

Default Wolseley Skylark Trimmer

I bought some of these on a recommendation from Minstrel, and so far I'm really pleased with them!

Tbf, I've only played with them today, but I did do a fair bit of trimming with them. I have some Liveryman Flair that I've been using but have found totally useless and rubbish, so treated myself to these as they are that little bit more heavy duty.

First I had to wait for them to charge...boring bit. Then I headed off with them in search of hairy horses It comes with a few combs of various lengths, and there's a little dial-ly bit on the clippers that does something else, but I was too keen to start trimming to read what that's all about, so I will discover that at a later date when I actually read the instructions

So, so far I've trimmed two and a half hairy horse faces, and four or five horses tufty fetlocks. I was having such fun, I was looking around for things to trim Nearly everything else is already trimmed or needs to stay hairy The half face was the big hormonal mare and I decided she would be better tied up to mess about with and I didn't want to be fetching a headcollar, so I will do that tomorrow no doubt!

But yes, they cut well, they are light and easy to hold, come in a little metal case to keep all the combs and things together in one place. The blades are ceramic so can't be sharpened, but I've read that they last well enough, and new ones aren't expensive.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Haha this is quite funny :P. We sell these at work and I've been wanting to buy a pair for AGES and now I have an excuse!!!!!! My boys getting older so coming through hairy.....so unfortunately he need a wee trim to keep cool when working I'm getting them tomorrow and cant wait to be let loose with them, YAY

Once I'd finished roaming around the field like a mad person, looking for things to trim, I discovered that the aforementioned dial-y bit changes the closeness of the cut, so there are a lot of options on length when coupled with the combs.I'm really pleased with them still.
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Dial-y bit this thread amused me a wee bit more than it was probably meant to!

Sorry OT, I don't even need clippers/trimmers!

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

Loopy would they be up to doing very thick cob feathers (they're usually not too long as done regularly)? Bare in mind I blunt a new solo comb blade every time I do Blake's mane it's so blimmin thick!

I actually don't know, Cookster, I've not used it on anything super-thick. Maybe Minstrel can answer you on that one
    [/URL].[/CENTER]