Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hattie & TiffanyR and Black Pony & Sunshine go XC schooling.

Default Hattie & TiffanyR and Black Pony & Sunshine go XC schooling.

and had a great time. I had planned to ride too but was gutted that my back was playing up so I only did a few minutes.

Anyway Photos!

I took Hattie over a couple to get her going

and then Tiff took over

and sunshine

and then Sunshine took Hattie over the ditches and a few bigger jumps.

Lots more photos to come , but I think we all had a brilliant morning!
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Fab photos, they both look like very tidy jumpers! You should do a pairs hunter trial with them

Quote Originally Posted by beating_hooves View Post
    Fab photos, they both look like very tidy jumpers! You should do a pairs hunter trial with them
    We talked about it

(I may have just volunteered for a team chase team there at the end of September! )

Quote Originally Posted by Clava View Post
    We talked about it

(I may have just volunteered for a team chase team there at the end of September! )
    Ahhh, so much fun!! I did one once about 4 years ago. I was so nervous but ended up absolutely loving it!

Fab photos!! Looks like loads of fun I hadn't realised that we must be close - recognised the venue straight away!! Hattie is so lovely, her face really reminds me of Adam

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Looks like great fun

It was such great fun, really enjoyed it! Hattie was super, well up for it & overjumping EVERYTHING!
    Must admit I was a little nervous to start with as I really haven’t done much jumping at all, let alone going xc on a fairly green pony… but you know- that’s how I roll haha
    It didn’t take long for the nerves to disappear & start jumping some fairly sizable jumps mind, Hattie looked after me, we had a couple of refusals but no dirty stops or handbrake turns and to be honest the refusals were probably more my fault than hers – she was such a good pony!

I did fall off going down a steep step… we walked down them a couple of times to start with as Hattie was unsure (don’t think she’d ever done them before) & then attempted trot… erm that wasn’t the best idea! Hattie stumbled, I flew off & almost had Hattie on top of me!! EEEEK! Pippa’s dad got some cracking photo’s! But I got back on & re-did them at walk… then carried on with further jumpies Feeling a somewhat stiff & sore today mind!

Pippa & I swapped ponies for a bit too & Dido is just super, great for confidence building as she was just striding nicely up to the jumps & popping perfectly over them

I’m going to be looking into jumping lessons as I definitely need some improvement; I seem to have a good start position but seem to lose it mid-jump & landing… I think I get left behind & then when Hattie was stretching up & over the jumps I wasn’t allowing enough rein length so I ended up pulling her in the mouth… which I HATED!!! Strangely though I didn’t seem to do it with Dido?! Hmmm… weird!

It was a great day though & I learnt A LOT! Still a long way to go but I’m pleased with how the day went, jumping is my next ‘area’ to tackle!

Hopefully Sunshine will post the falling off pics ...or I will steal them from FB.

... here you go...

Stumbling...

Falling...

Hitting ground...

Pony almost on top!!!

I love this one