Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabio and Raz go XC!

Default Fabio and Raz go XC!

I am so so proud of Fabio this weekend. He done me proud on our first Novice test away from home (will do seperate report on that) and yesterday he was a big grown up boy at the XC and left his big girl pants at home!! Was only his 2nd time ever XC training, the 1st one a few weeks back he stopped at nearly every jump first time! This time he jumped everything first time! (Apart from the tyres, he was rather unsure of those!!) I brought him into everything in trot first then canter. If he was still a bit unsure then he broke back to trot to jump it which at the moment i don't mind as long as he jumps it!! He done the ditches and drops first time too. The water he took a few seconds dithering before deciding to go in! So his confidence with XC has improved massively, so pleased with him!! I seemed to go back to my default looking down whilst jumping so will make a conscious effort to correct that next time we're out!!

Mr Raz was an absolute machine!! OH had a brilliant day with him! Safe to say that XC is definitely his bag! He jumped a couple of the bigger jumps there, round about the 90cm mark at a guess. I think the biggest i done with Fab was about 80cm, perhaps slightly more. I wanted to keep it a nice confidence building session for him. The more Raz done the more charged he got! I think he'd have carried on for hours given the chance!!

Some pics:

These were the biggest i took Fab over

And Eddy the Eagle made a comeback!!

And the biggest OH done with Raz

And couple of vids of OH and Raz

Clever ponios! Raz looked totally at ease with the whole thing! And glad to hear Fab is getting there.

Aw Raz is a little pro, barely even noticed that ditch!

Yep, i don't think Fab will outclass Raz on the XC field any time soon! But i'm glad he's trying! Thats all i can ask of him.

This pic also made me laugh, not quite sure whats going on with his tail?!!!

Looks like you both having a fab time, coming together for you all!

Hopefully me and hubby can meet up with you both one day, he needs some male company.

Quote Originally Posted by essexlady View Post
    Looks like you both having a fab time, coming together for you all!

Hopefully me and hubby can meet up with you both one day, he needs some male company.
    I'm sure he'd appreciate that rather than 'nannying' me around as he puts it!!

Quote Originally Posted by racingstripes View Post
    You look awesome. Your OH reminds me of Ja- no fear. Ja will jump on a horse he's never ridden and jump it! He's nuts!
    I like to keep all four feet on the ground most of the time but I think I'll take Casper to do some tiddlers at some point
    Have you been there? Plenty of smaller options. I actually preferred it to Aylesford as was set over about 5 huge fields so plenty of gallop room! Might be heading back there at the weekend.

No - its been hacked! Got a FB page but doesn't show you loads on it. I've a few more vids but not of the first field or the water unfortunately.

They both look brill, and you guys look like you had a great day

Great Pics!!!!!

Now have pics of the course, this is the brush skinny that OH and Raz jumped at the clinic there in November which i thought was pretty impressive for someone who had never rode any technical fences!!

Looking forward to going back tomorrow