Thread: Fabio's first Novice test away from home

Default Fabio's first Novice test away from home

Sunday i took Fabio out stressaging - i entered for Prelim 7 and then for Novice 27. I had fairly late times of 2.08pm for the Prelim and then 2.25pm for the Novice. Had asked for times close together if possible so pleased that we got them! I bathed and plaited in the morning as we had plently of time to get ready.
    Got there and they were running really early!! I think a lot of the Intro's had dropped out. I had a quick warm up and was then the last one in for the Prelim as they were running out of sync due to being so early! The Prelim didn't go brilliant. My centre lines were shocking. I'd decided to stay circling up the top of the arena and then enter rather than go round the arena til the bell and curve in as normal. That wasn't my smartest idea and know not to do it again! The rest of the test was ok, Fab was just lazy throughout. So you'd think our free walk would at least have had some stretch - no! Fab decided he didn't want a rest and he'd rather gawp at the horse being led to the paddock! So was quite chuffed to find we'd come 4th with 65.2% out of 9 competitors!
    We came out for a quick breather (was BOILING hot, especially in my jacket!) and got plagued by wasps whilst waiting for my next test.
    The Novice - as Fab had been lazy i decided to canter round the arena until the bell to spark him up. As soon as i asked him into canter he charged into it! He was heading for the corner boards and i thought he was gonna go in the arena so had to do an about turn!! God knows where his sudden energy burst came from but i was glad it had appeared!! Went in, all started ok, Circle was good and my 2 half circle accurate, was bang on for our canter at X, went round the arena then just as i passed M i realised i should be crossing the diagonal there!! ****!!!!! Quickly turned Fab back on course but he got a bit unbalanced which was completely my fault for having a mental block. I did however learn that he can do flying changes!!! not required movement though!! Then onto the first medium trot - not good, broke into canter. The second half of the test went far better - no mental idiocies from me and did manage a couple of steps of medium trot - although not brilliant but i knew that was gonna be our poor movement. He was really forward throughout and his trot really nice and his canter nice and round - probably our best canter in a test and got 7's for it which was thrilled with as its definitely his weaker pace we're having to put a lot of work into. Got our results and came 2nd!! With 65.7%!! Was out of 4 people so was very pleased with that!!! Can't believe we scored better than the Prelim! So pleased with Fabio, he really done me proud!!!

Few pics from our Novice test

You both look really good! Very matchy matchy

Well done on your results.

Well done! Very good results!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Well done, you both look great! He is such a handsome boy

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Wow
    Brilliant results, and you look super in the photos

Fab results well done, you should be chuffed, 2nd in your first novice is brill.

Well done, and ( unsurprisingly lol) you look very coordinated
    Xx
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

Fab result!
    Love the pics, you look like you ride really long, lovely position you have