Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who has done team chasing?

Default So who has done team chasing?

Tell me about it and do you have photos? I'm taking Hattie at the end of the month, fortunately the team are doing it just for fun! but I do wonder if we will be a bit slow, but there will be a bogey time.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I have years a go! No one warned me what the course was like and i stepped in the day before with 14hh Jack... The jumps were massive 😮 but we flew round at break neck speed i didn't think to ask what height it was before

I did a couple more after that but back then photos weren't easily come by

I assume you know details of yours and won't be thrown in the deep end like me though

It was great fun!
    Native pony addict!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I have years a go! No one warned me what the course was like and i stepped in the day before with 14hh Jack... The jumps were massive �� but we flew round at break neck speed i didn't think to ask what height it was before

I did a couple more after that but back then photos weren't easily come by

I assume you know details of yours and won't be thrown in the deep end like me though

It was great fun!
    It is at Fair Oak in Rogate (where we were schooling Hattie last week and where I have done a hunter trial and ODE and schooling on Belle), so I know most the jumps and fortunately the height of the jumps is from 2' to 3'3. We'll be doing the 2' to 2'3.

Sure *cj* does with Charm - think i've seen threads with pics on. Although the stuff she does is mahoosive!!

I know I was going to say *cj* but she hasn't been about for ages

Team Chasing doesn't exist here, but I used to cross country with my interschools team a very long time ago!!

And once I had to go out without having walked the course, and ended up in the lead as you do

I don't know if there is a recipe for success, since some horses are born followers and some are born leaders... but you can guarantee something will go wrong!!

I wish I still had the videos of the craziness, but they were all on VHS and have not surfaced since we moved house about 7 years ago

I generally think its a mistake to ride in a team with people that you haven't ridden with before ... that is all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    Team Chasing doesn't exist here, but I used to cross country with my interschools team a very long time ago!!

And once I had to go out without having walked the course, and ended up in the lead as you do

I don't know if there is a recipe for success, since some horses are born followers and some are born leaders... but you can guarantee something will go wrong!!

I wish I still had the videos of the craziness, but they were all on VHS and have not surfaced since we moved house about 7 years ago

I generally think its a mistake to ride in a team with people that you haven't ridden with before ... that is all!!
    Fortunately one of them is my hacking friend and I know her and her horse well and another I have ridden with with the Bloodhounds so I'm not too concerned about the team as such, I'm also sure Hattie will be at the back (simply in terms of speed and size) and the others will be jumping the bigger fences to us so hopefully less chance of disasters, but we are all only doing this for fun not to win

Jojo82 did, maybe look at her old threads.

I'd love to over a smaller course. Only nearby one is 3ft, which I was up for with some confident friends ... but they decided not to run this year. I think it sounds like great fun - hunting with more fences and a competitive twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    I'd love to over a smaller course. Only nearby one is 3ft, which I was up for with some confident friends ... but they decided not to run this year. I think it sounds like great fun - hunting with more fences and a competitive twist!
    I think it sounds fun too and just like hunting I wouldn't do this with Hattie if there wasn't the option of doing the small fences!