Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richmond(2) HT Report *PICS/VIDS*

Default Richmond(2) HT Report *PICS/VIDS*

Another report from me

The Irish fella and I made our way to North Yorks on Saturday to compete at Richmond. We were there in May this year too but it's a lovely event so we didn't think twice about going back.

He did a very sweet test. It was the first time we've done counter-canter and rein back at a competition and he did everything I asked and bar backing off my leg once, he didn't put a foot wrong. So, I was a little disappointed with a score of 37 but thankfully the judge wrote plenty on our test and basically said he wasn't round enough and his frame was too long. After watching the video back, I can definitely see where's he's coming from, so something to work on!

All bathed!

Getting pretty for dressage (and not looking too impressed about it!)

His carrot face...he pulls it everytime either of us go into the cab, he knows he's getting one!

Our Dressage

I was nervous for the SJ! Richmond is known for its testy SJ course and after Somerford I wasn't feeling too confident. He was jumping really well in the warm-up so I hardly jumped at all, 1 cross-pole, 3 uprights and then 1 big oxer. Went into the ring and he jumped the majority of them very well, usually the bigger the fences the better he jumps them! However, he got lazy over some and didn't pick his tootsies up so we incurred 8 penalties, but we got around which is the main thing! I've got a SJ lesson next weekend so hopefully we can get him a it sharper. I do love jumping him though, he gives you such a fab feeling over a fence!

I'm thrilled once again to say he was fantastic on the XC, I honestly can't believe how amazing he's been on this phase this season. He's such a pleasure to ride, he doesn't pull but just stays in a lovely rhythm all the way around all I have to do is steer! He was clear but I didn't push on time as the ground was rock hard.

So no placing today but I've decided that as long as I can find a top hat and tails to borrow/hire then I will definitely be doing the CIC* at Aske on the 28th September, eek!

Two proff pictures I bought.

Those jumps are BIG and you make them look easy

Well done, he looks very smart.

Well done looking good, he looks like he'd be a lovely ride on the x country course. What's his show name as I couldn't catch what he was saying.

Nottingham (Uni)/Llandrindod Wells (Home)

He's looking great, hasn't he grown up

I can see what the judge is saying in the dressage - it was lovely and flowing and everything looked really smooth but he did get a bit long and flat. What's he like if you shorten your reins and pick him up a bit more, and perhaps rise instead of sit?
    Whenever you feel like giving up, think of all the people who would love to see you fail.

Well done, looking brilliant

Great pics! Sounds like all is going well

Quote Originally Posted by StormyJ View Post
    He's looking great, hasn't he grown up

I can see what the judge is saying in the dressage - it was lovely and flowing and everything looked really smooth but he did get a bit long and flat. What's he like if you shorten your reins and pick him up a bit more, and perhaps rise instead of sit?
    I could be very wrong as I'm not at all clued up on eventing but I think she may have to sit to the trot at that level? Like I say I'm most likely wrong. I know there's a girl on our yard that goes eventing and she's at roughly the same level and she mentioned she has to do sitting trot at a certain level .

Very very nice - you definitely make it look easy Well done x

Well done, and good luck for the 1*!!